steriaca

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mark Rand said:

"I knew that it was business," Doreen responds.

"True. It is always nice to network with others in the business. Somehow I always feel that team is somehow incomplete. Like they need at least two more pieces to be complete. I don't know why I think that, but I do."

46 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"True. It is always nice to network with others in the business. Somehow I always feel that team is somehow incomplete. Like they need at least two more pieces to be complete. I don't know why I think that, but I do."

"There are two mermaids, one tried and the other untried here at the school, and, as I understand it, Dr. McCauley can talk to animals.  Of course, if she was interested, she'd be on the senior team." 

"There are two mermaids, one tried and the other untried here at the school, and, as I understand it, Dr. McCauley can talk to animals.  Of course, if she was interested, she'd be on the senior team." 

"I was talking about her team, not ours. But of course, it would be nice to have a mermaid on the payroll in case we need a water rescue from time to time."

4 hours ago, steriaca said:

"Well, there has been sightings of two new Senshi, and rumors that Sailor V had been killed in England. But knowing the superhero world, I doubt the stories of super being deaths, even if they found the bodies."

"Interesting," Doreen says.  "I wonder which ones they are."

It's the next morning.  There's the usual polite greetings to the staff and faculty, and people are talking about what happened at the swim meet. 

Someone asks Nancy what the first event will be when the meet resumes and she replies that it'll be the 200-yard freestyle.  Since the pool is Olympic-size (54-yards or 50-meters in length), they will have to swim four lengths of the pool.

The school day has ended.  Preparations for the meet are underway. 

The diving board has been retracted, the starting blocks are positioned, the officials are getting into place, and Nancy, who has advanced first aid training, is taking a five minute warm up.  Once she finishes, the Allderdice girls team will get its chance, followed by the visiting swim team, who are listed on the score board as "GUESTS".

While the warmups are underway, Rosemary Trueheart and Gail Thorpe ready themselves and the audience begins to trickle in.

Allderdice's Mouseketeers are there in force, either to support their colleagues, Annette and Nancy, or support their school.

Photographers and reporters from, The Foreward, the school newspaper, and the monthly Mickey Mouse Club Magazine are there to record the events.

After the announcer introduces the officials and The Star Spangled Banner is sung, the first heat of swimmers for the 200-yard freestyle is called to the starting blocks.  The referee gives the starter the signal.  "Swimmers, please take your marks," the starter says.  When all are ready, he sounds the horn.

Some of the swimmers are getting shoulder, neck, lower back, and knee injuries, but that's to be expected, or so Rosemary told Robert and Doreen after classes were over and before the meet.

Robert nodded and keeps what his mother said in mind as he watched the meet.

46 minutes ago, steriaca said:

Rob checks in on them. "How's everyone?"

"I'm fine," Nancy says.  "I'm here because I think either someone in Jodie's family is a mermaid or someone in her family saved one and was granted the ability to become a mermaid that was passed on to her."

"Ridiculous," Jodie says.

"Is it?" Nancy, who was stretched out on an examination table, asks before transforming into a golden-tailed mermaid.  "I did this for the first time, in the bathtub, when I was two."

"How?" Jodie's mother asks.

"My mother cut a mermaid free of the fishing net she was trapped in," Nancy's mother replies.  "In return, she was given the power to become a mermaid.  We even have gills.  It's probably that you both have the same abilities and never used them."  She then relaxes in her chair and transforms into a golden-tailed mermaid, too.

"It's not possible," Jodie's mother says.

"Sure it is," Nancy responds.  "Cora Peterson of the UC San Angelo Oceanic Institute has the same powers.  She's on the crew of their research ship, the RV Pacifica, and serves as a diver when she's not piloting a work boat or the DSV Sea Bat, an updated Johnson Sea Link-class deep submergence vehicle." 

"My mother cut a mermaid free of the fishing net she was trapped in," Nancy's mother replies.  "In return, she was given the power to become a mermaid.  We even have gills.  It's probably that you both have the same abilities and never used them."  She then relaxes in her chair and transforms into a golden-tailed mermaid, too.

"It's not possible," Jodie's mother says.

"Sure it is," Nancy responds.  "Cora Peterson of the UC San Angelo Oceanic Institute has the same powers.  She's on the crew of their research ship, the RV Pacifica, and serves as a diver when she's not piloting a work boat or the DSV Sea Bat, an updated Johnson Sea Link-class deep submergence vehicle." 

"Anything is possible. There was this convention and an albino aisan looking woman snapped this around my left wrist." He points to the bracelet permantly locked on his left wrist, normally invisible to those who are not of a mystical nature themselves. "I'll tell you the secret about it if all four of you keep this secret."