Ye Old Melodrama Play

steriaca

3 minutes ago, steriaca said:

(What's next? Is there a plan? Maybe after the rehearsal they can go out to eat.)

(Rebecca and Doreen might, but that might fuel rumors about them being gay.)

Tim and Darlene are heading for the B/G, on South Craig.  It's across from Buddy's Diner and next to a sub shop.  (B/G is an area diner chain that's open 24-hours a day.)

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rebecca sighs and eventually gets on a nice civilian outfit (white blouse, blue jeans, tennis shoes, still wearing the costume hair bow and hair still in curls), and joins Tim and Darlene. "Let's make it a party. Who else is coming? My treat." S/he pulls out her Disney Princess design Debit Card, with a nice balance on it thanks to Disney and Robert not wanting to touch that money as Robert. 

28 minutes ago, steriaca said:

Rebecca sighs and eventually gets on a nice civilian outfit (white blouse, blue jeans, tennis shoes, still wearing the costume hair bow and hair still in curls), and joins Tim and Darlene. "Let's make it a party. Who else is coming? My treat." S/he pulls out her Disney Princess design Debit Card, with a nice balance on it thanks to Disney and Robert not wanting to touch that money as Robert. 

"I'm in," Doreen replies. 

"No, thank you," Maggie May replies.  (Maggie May is Ghost Cat's civilian identity.)

The other actors do join in.  The stage crew is still working and the few musicians left are putting their instruments away.

33 minutes ago, steriaca said:

Once they get to B/G, she smiles and sees if there is enough for their 'party'. "Hello. I'm Rebecca Valentine, and I'm treating many of the cast and crew of the high school drama club. Do you have enough room?"

"Yes," comes the reply.

54 minutes ago, steriaca said:

Rebecca looks outside at the small crowd. "We got it. Come on in everyone."

S/he looks back at the employee. "We're doing the semi-annual melodrama play for charity. I hope your able to see it."

"I'd love to, but I work nights," the lady says as the group enters.

49 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

"I'd love to, but I work nights," the lady says as the group enters.

"That's a pity. Considering my other calling, it is so fair that I see people in an non-emergency situation. Either I'm rescuing people or I'm in front of the camera or on the catwalk."

The evening passes quietly.

The next morning, there's a verbal confrontation between Jodie, the girls swim team captain and Blue-Team Mouseketeer, and lifeguard, Nancy Abrams.  "I head the girls swim team while you're just a lifeguard," Jodie says, in a mocking style.  "I'll be going to college on an athletic scholarship and you won't."

"Being a Mouseketeer, I have a lot of money in my college fund," Nancy responds.  "Besides, being Ariel's underwater motion capture model, I'm considered a professional swimmer, and not eligible to be on the swim team."

Jodie made a squeaky noise before darting away.

23 hours ago, quozaxx said:

(What is B/G?)

(B/G is a San Angelo-area diner chain.  It's based on a now closed one here in Pittsburgh.)

Rob sighs (as it was the next day and while it might delight his mother, he is not going to spend the night asleep as Rebecca). He looks at his fellow Mouseketeer Nancy. "Honestly it is like the entire school is jealous because we're on television. I wonder if there jealous of my cousin Rebecca because she has powers?"

1 hour ago, steriaca said:

Rob sighs (as it was the next day and while it might delight his mother, he is not going to spend the night asleep as Rebecca). He looks at his fellow Mouseketeer Nancy. "Honestly it is like the entire school is jealous because we're on television. I wonder if there jealous of my cousin Rebecca because she has powers?"

"No," Nancy replies.  "Jodie's only interested in people for their athletic abilities.  Since I haven't had to rescue anyone during a swim meet, she's never seen me swim."

7 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"You're right," Nancy says.  "However, some bullies are worse than others."

"Seems as a kid I always got the worse kind of bully. Thoes who believe in the power of physical strength beats all."

He then noticed the time. "Opps, I have something important. My cousin should be near by shortly."

Robert finds a place to change to change, takes off his backpack, changes into Lady Heart (the outfit comes out a pink schoolgirl outfit with Heart shapes on the bow and around her waist of the skirt), then removes it and replaces it with a white blouse and skirt. S/he doesn't bother changes shoes and socks. 

Rebecca then walks twords where she changed to the stage area, her hair ringlets slowly and magically tighten into sausage curls as she gets nearer to the building (and even then, the hairstylist has to do some 'magic' of her own on her hair).

Bryan didn’t think he wanted anyone to know his alternate ID.  But Robert had trusted him enough to tell him he was Lady Heart.  Now he wa considering telling him/her.

He wasn’t sure how to do it.  His mother took it okay.  Surely Lady Heart could keep a secret.   He pondered on these things while the orchestra set up.

The musicians begin to file in and stage crew members get to work.  As the stage lights come up, Eric comments, "More burned out bulbs."

Harmony Kendall, who is serving detention as a stage crew member, asks, "So, what else is new?"

"You're right, Harmony," Eric says.  "Linda and I'll get the spare bulbs while you lower the electrics."

"Will do," Harmony responds as the string section gathers for a quick discussion with Concertmaster Michelle Karpman and principal oboist Lauren Kay tries different reeds in her oboe in order to find the best one.

Rebecca entered and headed to the dressing room.  She helped others get into their costumes while they did the same with her. Petticoats and girdles can be murder if not done right. And while corsets would be more period accurate, as a undergarment they are too dangerous.

Eventually the hair stylist got to Rebecca. It didn't take her long to go through her hair with a hair curler, as Rebecca's hair is almost in that style to begin with. It didn't take much skill to turn the lose ringlets to tight sausage curls. Rebecca then helps the others with their hairstyles. Some of the actresses need wiglets or false hair to achieve the required length and style of the rough time period of the play. Others, not so much.

(Has Doreen arrived yet?)

1 hour ago, Mark Rand said:

The musicians begin to file in and stage crew members get to work.  As the stage lights come up, Eric comments, "More burned out bulbs."

Harmony Kendall, who is serving detention as a stage crew member, asks, "So, what else is new?"

"You're right, Harmony," Eric says.  "Linda and I'll get the spare bulbs while you lower the electrics."

"Will do,"Harmony responds as the string section gathers for a quick discussion with Concertmaster Michelle Karpman and principal oboist Lauren Kay tries different reeds in her oboe in order to find the best one.

Bryan paused by the oboist and uses his perfect pitch "That one has the best sound. "

The other orchestra members looked at him as he usually doesn't say anything at all.   He blushed and returned to his seat.