Ye Old Melodrama Play

steriaca

39 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"Don't worry about it. Remember Doreen is also Spirit Cat, a superhero also. We have a code, right? Secret identities are secret."

"I guess you are right. But I still would have preferred to tell her on my own terms.  The more people who know,  the bigger the possibility the wrong person would find out."

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 9/26/2020 at 12:46 PM, quozaxx said:

"I guess you are right. But I still would have preferred to tell her on my own terms.  The more people who know,  the bigger the possibility the wrong person would find out."

"I do know how to keep secrets," Doreen says. 

4 minutes ago, quozaxx said:

"I have to admit that was a big surprise.   "

"Yep. Thing is my power source, the Godstone, seems to be easier to use by females. In extreme cases it can choose a male as it's wielder, but needs to change the user's gender to channel the power. And that seems to be how all godstones work."

On 9/28/2020 at 9:31 AM, steriaca said:

"Yep. Thing is my power source, the Godstone, seems to be easier to use by females. In extreme cases it can choose a male as it's wielder, but needs to change the user's gender to channel the power. And that seems to be how all godstones work."

"I bet that was a huge surprise when it first happened.   I mean suddenly loosing your... boyhood.   I don't know if I would have done that. "

21 minutes ago, quozaxx said:

"I bet that was a huge surprise when it first happened.   I mean suddenly loosing your... boyhood.   I don't know if I would have done that. "

"I  couldn't of refused. With the entire convention was in danger from an extradimensinal monster maker."

51 minutes ago, quozaxx said:

"True, but you keep doing it... changing.   I mean to loose... that."  He shutters.  "Is it worth it?"

"I have been blocked from my manhood against my will for a year by Incubus. It was tough but I had my mother and Doreen and even my father. And Yuri at times. And more. Our principal, for example. This world needs mystical defenders, and I am one of them."

4 hours ago, steriaca said:

"I have been blocked from my manhood against my will for a year by Incubus. It was tough but I had my mother and Doreen and even my father. And Yuri at times. And more. Our principal, for example. This world needs mystical defenders, and I am one of them."

"I respect you for that... I have had my own... attractions... questioned.  I'm only 14 and still deciding if I prefer males or females.  But I've never even had a close friend before.   I'd rather not "be" a female if the subject ever comes up...  My word am I shaking for revealing that.  I hope we can still be friends.   I heard some big horror stories of friends avoiding their friend when they discover they are questioning that sort of thing. "

3 minutes ago, quozaxx said:

"I respect you for that... I have had my own... attractions... questioned.  I'm only 14 and still deciding if I prefer males or females.  But I've never even had a close friend before.   I'd rather not "be" a female if the subject ever comes up...  My word am I shaking for revealing that.  I hope we can still be friends.   I heard some big horror stories of friends avoiding their friend when they discover they are questioning that sort of thing. "

"Well, I have a loving girlfriend who accepts me for what I am. I would be lying if I said it was easy over that locked year. But we kept our romance private with only our parents knowing. You have your own challenges. But you will embrace them and overcome them."

17 hours ago, steriaca said:

"Well, I have a loving girlfriend who accepts me for what I am. I would be lying if I said it was easy over that locked year. But we kept our romance private with only our parents knowing. You have your own challenges. But you will embrace them and overcome them."

"I appreciate the vote of confidence.   I'm not going to worry about it right now.  I'll deal with it when I turn 16 and my hormones really kick in. "

2 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

The rest of the day is quiet and everyone involved in the play gathers at the appointed time.

Rob turns into Rebecca for the play (of course). Being who s/he is, before the play s/he comes onto the stage in costume.

"Welcome to our melodrama play. As you can see, I am playing Little Nellie in this play. This is only a play, of course. If you girls and boys find yourself in an abusive relationship, please find a way out of it. Love doesn't mean you have to endure physical and emotional pain. Now, enjoy the play." She goes back into the wings and waits till her cue, readjust the way her strawberry blonde sausage curls lay down her shoulders and adjusts her white hair bow. Then she makes a low powered Heart Light just to test if she is still powered without her costume, which is stored safely in a backpack in the dressing room along with her Rob clothing.

Everyone else is ready.  Sharon brings up the stage lights, turns off the work lights, turns her red work lights on, brings the house lights to half power, and says into her console's microphone, "Playgoers, please take your seats.  We're about to begin."  She slowly dims the lights the rest of the way, and gives the first cue.

After the play successful concludes, the actors take a curtain call.  As it ends, three tennis balls bounce on stage from stage left and explode.  When senses are regained, it's found that Darlene is missing and that there's a dagger with a note on it on one of the set pieces.

Careful not to touch anything, and, with the glass on stage,  stepping carefully, Doreen looks at the note and says.  "It's from Foxbat.  He's kidnapped Darlene and will contact the Disney folks with his ransom demands".

"I'm calling the police," the principal says.

9 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

After the play successful concludes, the actors take a curtain call.  As it ends, three tennis balls bounce on stage from stage left and explode.  When senses are regained, it's found that Darlene is missing and that there's a dagger with a note on it on one of the set pieces.

Careful not to touch anything, and, with the glass on stage,  stepping carefully, Doreen looks at the note and says.  "It's from Foxbat.  He's kidnapped Darlene and will contact the Disney folks with his ransom demands".

"I'm calling the police," the principal says.

Rebecca starts to float. "Right under my nose. Which way did the coocoolander go?"

1 hour ago, steriaca said:

Rebecca starts to float. "Right under my nose. Which way did the coocoolander go?"

"Probably out the door in the crossover that leads to the parking lot," Doreen replies.  "The lot has a loading zone by the doors and two spaces for wheelchair vehicles.  One's occupied by a van, possible Miss Brooks'.  She is in a wheelchair."

15 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

"Probably out the door in the crossover that leads to the parking lot," Doreen replies.  "The lot has a loading zone by the doors and two spaces for wheelchair vehicles.  One's occupied by a van, possible Miss Brooks'.  She is in a wheelchair."

"Right." Rebecca floated as fast as she could in that direction, seeing if she could see any speeding off vans, or any of the odd Foxbat vehicles he used. She is, of course, still dressed in her play costume. 

One minute he's finishing his set and the next Foxbat abducted a cast member.  Bryan was mortified.  He had to change into his hero personna.  

He made a quick nod to his mother and found an empty bathroom to change.   Rocks quickly covered his body and he headed to the stage.  "How can I help?"

2 hours ago, steriaca said:

"Right." Rebecca floated as fast as she could in that direction, seeing if she could see any speeding off vans, or any of the odd Foxbat vehicles he used. She is, of course, still dressed in her play costume. 

Nothing's speeding away.  The loading zone's empty.  A van with handicap plates and a school parking pass is in one of the wheelchair spaces.