steriaca

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Mark Rand said:

The van in the wheelchair space is a wheelchair van and is equipped to be driven by someone in a wheelchair.  The other vans are normal.

It's obvious that none of these vehicles are involved. None of these vehicles seems to be of Foxbat's crazy style. Considering what I know about him, does this type of crime seems like his style?

10 hours ago, steriaca said:

Rebecca does her secret 'I love you' guster to Doreen as she floats back into the stage. "Alright Captain Butz. Question me quickly, I need to find Foxbat and rescue her soon."

"My job, not yours," Butz says.  He then turns to Sharon and asks, "Anyone touch anything?"

"I did, with permission from the Secret Service agents that are here, and after bringing up the house and work lights that are 41 feet above the stage floor," Sharon replies.  "With an agent watching, I examined one of the glass fragments.  It looked like it came from one of the bulbs in the stage lights overhead.  I also cut the power to the circuits with the damaged bulbs."

“Pocahontas thinks of everything," came a comment from the stage.

As Sharon growled, Ms. Swanby said, "That will be enough of that rudeness, Cordelia."

"Why is the Secret Service here?" Butz asked.

"The President's niece is in the auditorium," Ms. Swanby replied. 

"You are?" Butz asked.

"Victoria Swanby, the school principal."

"Look Butz. I have superpowers. What do you expect me to do, rob banks? No, as a superhero my job is to fight supervillains. I would really like to work with the police, but if your standoffish attitude would put people in danger, then I'll save people without you."

4 hours ago, quozaxx said:

Cornerstone is trying to stay out of the way of the police.   He uses his vision power to see if there are any underground passage ways.

The basement contains three rooms.  The first holds chairs for the orchestra, music stands, and assorted props and set pieces when not in use.  The second is storage space for wardrobe, including the choir robes.  The third is for wardrobe maintenance and cleaning.  There are also water and gas pipes and electrical conduits in the area.  A freight elevator and a staircase behind a door connects the basement to the main floor.

7 hours ago, steriaca said:

"Look Butz. I have superpowers. What do you expect me to do, rob banks? No, as a superhero my job is to fight supervillains. I would really like to work with the police, but if your standoffish attitude would put people in danger, then I'll save people without you."

"You try it and you're in trouble," Butz snaps.  He turns to an officer and and says, "Get the names and addresses of everyone in the audience then send them home."

"Yes, sir," the officer says.

He then turns to the crime scene photographer.  "Get photos of everything."

"Yes, Captain.  Where are the rest of the broken light bulbs?"

"Right above you," Sharon says.  "They won't be lowered until everyone's clear.  I don't want anyone hit by a runaway bank of broken light bulbs.  By the way, when you handle them wear leather work gloves.  The disposable ones you're wearing will be cut by the glass."

"Lower them now," Butz snaps.

"Fine," Sharon says.  "I'll do it."  Pulling on a pair of work gloves, she calls out, "HEADS UP ON STAGE.  FLYING IN FIRST ELECTRIC, LINESET THREE!"

She lowers it until Donna calls out, "At six feet."

"Holding," Sharon calls out as she locks it in place.  "It can be lowered to three feet, but if I did that, I'd hit your photographer, Captain.  When we call out 'Heads up', it's for everyone's safety."

16 minutes ago, steriaca said:

Can I spot anything out of place, or a potential clue on the light fixture or broken light bulbs?

It's clusters of light sockets attached to a batten, a long metal pipe that's usually suspended above the stage.  All the bulbs were shattered by the blast, but the wiring and sockets look intact.

18 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

It's clusters of light sockets attached to a batten, a long metal pipe that's usually suspended above the stage.  All the bulbs were shattered by the blast, but the wiring and sockets look intact.

Which of Foxbat's pingpong balls could do that?

19 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

The basement contains three rooms.  The first holds chairs for the orchestra, music stands, and assorted props and set pieces when not in use.  The second is storage space for wardrobe, including the choir robes.  The third is for wardrobe maintenance and cleaning.  There are also water and gas pipes and electrical conduits in the area.  A freight elevator and a staircase behind a door connects the basement to the main floor.

There is a possibility that Foxbat could have been downstairs waiting until the perfect moment to nab his goal.

Cornerstone heads downstairs to see if there is any evidence Foxbat was there.

1 hour ago, quozaxx said:

There is a possibility that Foxbat could have been downstairs waiting until the perfect moment to nab his goal.

Cornerstone heads downstairs to see if there is any evidence Foxbat was there.

There are indications that the rooms have been used recently.  However, the stage crew and wardrobe department would have used it in preparation for the play.

Sharon lowers the second electric (lineset six) and the third electric (lineset twelve), both with shattered bulbs, and the fourth electric (lineset sixteen), which aren't. 

"Why aren't these bulbs damaged?" Butz asks.

"They're light-emitting diodes instead of halogen floodlights like the others," Sharon replies.  "Also, they're adjusted to provide light to the scrims that are usually on the batten holding the final scene backdrop and the cyclorama, which, when lowered, is behind it."

"Oh," Butz says.  "Think I'll talk to the Secret Service folks.  Maybe they saw something."

18 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

Sharon lowers the second electric (lineset six) and the third electric (lineset twelve), both with shattered bulbs, and the fourth electric (lineset sixteen), which aren't. 

"Why aren't these bulbs damaged?" Butz asks.

"They're light-emitting diodes instead of halogen floodlights like the others," Sharon replies.  "Also, they're adjusted to provide light to the scrims that are usually on the batten holding the final scene backdrop and the cyclorama, which, when lowered, is behind it."

"Oh," Butz says.  "Think I'll talk to the Secret Service folks.  Maybe they saw something."

Rebecca...no Lady Heart folliws Butz, floating. "No point changing into my uniform, seeing Incubus couldn't keep his mouth shut after that cruel joke he played on me made old Rebecca Valentine a household name..." Well, that was only half true. That Incubus actually said Robert Trueheart, but later found Coyote altered reality enough for everyone to here his third identities name instead. Somehow s/he knows that Coyote can be just as evil as Incubus, but s/he couldn't be mad at the native American trickster God for long.

Butz was introduced to Maestra Jennifer Collingsworth, the orchestra teacher and conductor and the President's niece and her lead Secret Service agent Andrea Price whose cover is her teaching assistant.  Andrea reports that nothing unusual happened before what looked like two tennis balls bounced onto the stage from stage left and what appeared to be two flash bang grenades going off.  When their eyes cleared, Darlene Singh, a performer, was missing.

When Butz asks if anything unusual before the play started, Andrea replies that photographers from The Mickey Mouse Club Magazine, the school newspaper, and the school yearbook were taking photos for their publications.  

When Butz asks why The Mickey Mouse Club Magazine was covering the play, Andrea explains that there are Mouseketeers in the orchestra, drama club, and stage crew as well as on the girls swim team and that one is a swim meet lifeguard.

2 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

Butz was introduced to Maestra Jennifer Collingsworth, the orchestra teacher and conductor and the President's niece and her lead Secret Service agent Andrea Price whose cover is her teaching assistant.  Andrea reports that nothing unusual happened before what looked like two tennis balls bounced onto the stage from stage left and what appeared to be two flash bang grenades going off.  When their eyes cleared, Darlene Singh, a performer, was missing.

When Butz asks if anything unusual before the play started, Andrea replies that photographers from The Mickey Mouse Club Magazine, the school newspaper, and the school yearbook were taking photos for their publications.  

When Butz asks why The Mickey Mouse Club Magazine was covering the play, Andrea explains that there are Mouseketeers in the orchestra, drama club, and stage crew as well as on the girls swim team and that one is a swim meet lifeguard.

"Don't forget they have me do PSAs for the Disney Channel. Disney sponcers the Junior Justice Foundation after all."

"In case your wondering, my teammate Cournerstone is somewhere investgating also. Probably the same with Spirit Cat."

"All of you are in big trouble," Butz growls.

"No, they're not," Andrea says.  "I'm granting them the authority to investigate this matter, which could lead to an attack on my protectee.  I'm also going to report this matter to Mayor Brannon, who, as I understand it, is here with her family."

4 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"All of you are in big trouble," Butz growls.

"No, they're not," Andrea says.  "I'm granting them the authority to investigate this matter, which could lead to an attack on my protectee.  I'm also going to report this matter to Mayor Brannon, who, as I understand it, is here with her family."

"There is a job for the police. We can't arrest supervillains, you know. Only you and a few superheroes in direct service to law enforcement can do that. Just remember that black lives matter. And  mutant lives, brown lives, yellow lives, etc, etc..."

7 hours ago, steriaca said:

"There is a job for the police. We can't arrest supervillains, you know. Only you and a few superheroes in direct service to law enforcement can do that. Just remember that black lives matter. And  mutant lives, brown lives, yellow lives, etc, etc..."

"While you can't arrest anyone, you can look into the matter," Andrea says.    "I'm sure that Detective Lieutenant Samantha McDonald, your team's police liaison, wouldn't mind the help."

15 minutes ago, Mark Rand said:

"While you can't arrest anyone, you can look into the matter," Andrea says.    "I'm sure that Detective Lieutenant Samantha McDonald, your team's police liaison, wouldn't mind the help."

Rebecca nods and really begins by going back up the stage and go over Foxbat's tracks. "Ok. The flashbangs go off. Darlene gets snatched. Where did he go with her?"