Jump to content

Ye Old Melodrama Play


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"I'm going to check out the synagogue." Rebecca floated twords the Tree of Life synagogue.  Does she see anything unusual as she approaches the religious building?

Some lights are on inside and a mid-sized sedan and an SUV are parked by one entrance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, steriaca said:

What day is it? Sabbath for Jews is sundown Friday till sundown Saturday. If the lights are on and it's a Friday it is probably a Sabbath Service going on.

It's Saturday night.  The synagogue's evening service was over at 7:50 PM.  Services are still in progress at the church across Devonshire from the synagogue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rebecca speaks into the communicator. "It's Saturday night, and the lights are on at Tree of Life. Also has a mid-size SUV and a sedan in front of it. I'm going for a closer look." S/he goes closer to inspect the SUV. S/he is looking for anything odd around the SUV, like old Mickey Mouse comic books and such.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, steriaca said:

Rebecca speaks into the communicator. "It's Saturday night, and the lights are on at Tree of Life. Also has a mid-size SUV and a sedan in front of it. I'm going for a closer look." S/he goes closer to inspect the SUV. S/he is looking for anything odd around the SUV, like old Mickey Mouse comic books and such.

The SUV, a Ford Expedition, has a card reading "SYNAGOGUE CUSTODIAN" on the sun visor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cornerstone is on a walkway leading to the sidewalk.  Facing the street, Fifth Avenue is on his left and the auditorium parking lot is on his right.  Ghost Cat, still in street clothes, is making the turn onto the street he's on.  Spirit Cat, also in street clothes, is crossing the street, toward Holy Spirit Church, which is across Devonshire Street from the Tree of Life Congregation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steriaca said:

Rebecca floats twords the sanctuary part of the building, remembering the time he was here as Rob for Cheryl's Bat Mitzvah (the female equivalent of Bar Mitzvah), and that the place use to be a church.

The lights are lower on the social hall side than on the educational wing side. 

 

Inside the sanctuary, the holy ark is open, revealing the Torah scrolls and Harry P. Silver, the cantor or chazzan, and his daughter, Deborah, are at a lectern, winding a Torah scroll and stopping every so often to check where they are. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark Rand said:

"I haven't," Cantor Silver says. 

 

"I haven't either," Deborah adds.  "Becca might've.  She's in the educational wing, getting things ready for tomorrow's religious school classes."

"Thank you. I'm guessing the educational wing is on the over side." She then floated twords the educational wing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"Hello Mis. Becca. I'm the superhero Lady Heart. We were finishing up a play for charity when one of our actors was snatched up by Foxbat. Have you seen anything unusual this evening?"

"I assume you mean the play at the school," Becca says.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, steriaca said:

"Yes. I wouldn't be involved if it wasn't for charity."

"I don't blame you," Becca says.  "I didn't see anything.  But then, most of the windows in this wing face away from the high school.  The cantor and his daughter might've, that's their Camry Hybrid parked by my SUV, but I doubt it.  From what I understand, positioning a Torah scroll in the exactly the right place takes a lot of concentration."

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mark Rand said:

"I don't blame you," Becca says.  "I didn't see anything.  But then, most of the windows in this wing face away from the high school.  The cantor and his daughter might've, that's their Camry Hybrid parked by my SUV, but I doubt it.  From what I understand, positioning a Torah scroll in the exactly the right place takes a lot of concentration."

"I already checked the sanctuary. They haven't seen anything strange. I guess I should check around somewhere else nearby."

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2020 at 9:03 AM, Mark Rand said:

Cornerstone is on a walkway leading to the sidewalk.  Facing the street, Fifth Avenue is on his left and the auditorium parking lot is on his right.  Ghost Cat, still in street clothes, is making the turn onto the street he's on.  Spirit Cat, also in street clothes, is crossing the street, toward Holy Spirit Church, which is across Devonshire Street from the Tree of Life Congregation.

Cornerstone will check out the fire escape to see if it had been tampered with or opened recently 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...