Trigger vs Linked Attack: An Adveantageous Limitation

Sveta8

On 9/16/2020 at 6:50 PM, dmjalund said:

As far as I can see, there is nothing you can do with two linked attacks that you can't do with a combined attack

Except, of course, link them (with all the sundry options available thereof). And there are some others that your GM will probably look funny at, like combined attacks with more than one attack power that requires gestures and / or incantations throughout. I am sure there are some other minor edge cases, but I would agree they are rare. And you did specify "attacks", which points out another thing you can do with linked: Add in non-attack powers. Another odd edge case that sometimes matters but mostly not. 

The thing that Linked does is help you define your powers. If it does not work that way for your powers, combined attack away. If it changes, buy off the limitation. 😃

Sveta8, I think your question has be sufficiently addressed above, but I get your consternation. For me it helps to just think about what is going on and whether it is truly limiting or not. You can design a Trigger in in such a way as to be limiting, and in those cases it is really just Linked. 

- E