super villain idea help

cbat007

I want a villain who "absorbs" video game charactos and transforms himself into them; he will be a powerful boss recurring villain i think; he also has his gang members, cosplayers, that he has the power to give them the power of the charactor they dress as.

what is the best way to represent this villain in this game?

Thanks

I take it many different Video game characters? Then multiform would be the way to go. I know multiform can be a PIA so I’m thinking (as I haven’t tried it myself) write down which video game characters you want. Write them up as individual sheets. Once you have all the numbers then worry about Multiform costs and whose Primary and all that. And since this is a villain that can be hand waved in the sense that you don’t really have to do the math if you don’t want but I’d still follow the rules on switching forms even if it isn’t listed.

I agree with using Multiform for the boss character.  That's how I did it with a similar character I created. 

As to the cosplayer minions, if their powers can change from one cosplay to another, I'd suggest Followers with either a Variable Power Pool or a Multipower for their powers.  (Personally, if you can afford it I'd use a VPP.) 

Alternately, you could give just give the Followers a basic power suite (some defenses, an attack, a movement power, etc.) and then give the boss guy a Major Transform with Improved Results Group (probably in his base form) that he uses to alter a given minion's power suite to whatever fits his/her current cosplay.  If he's only "powering them up" out of combat, that might be the way to go. 

Multiform is what you are looking for for the boss. At least, I think so. If you are having the Boss able to take on the essence of a Character and he himself transform into that Character, Multiform. If you are worried your players might decide to Off your Reoccurring Villain first, you could flavor it that the Boss absorbs and Recreates the Character to lead his forces, ala Duplication. Add to it Can't Recombine and so on, and you're golden. Think Mega Man for a boss like that.

As for your gang members... A Variable Power Pool on them with the "Only in Appropriate Costume" and "Only within X meters of Boss" could work. If you are wanting the gang to actually gain those superpowers, Major Transform is more appropriate. If you are looking for the powers to come from the Costume, Build up a basic stat block for a gang member, and construct a few power sets for "Only in Alternate ID" cosplays. If you are considering the gang to actually gain those superpowers, but only while wearing the costumes, and only by act of the Boss, Major Transform is still the way to go. Just the powers they are gaining will have appropriate limitations.

I like the Multiform idea, VPP and in particular Ninja Bear's suggestion: "I missed the gang part. With respect to Bolo of the Earth, I like the basic suite of powers. I’d suggest though that Variable sfx, advantage and maybe disadvantage would work better and also No conscious control."  As GM, cost isn't a factor (usually) so do it whichever way works for you.

5 hours ago, cbat007 said:

Thanks for all the help guys; its my first time running or even seeing this system, i get the general gist but the more fine tuning is harder, if looks like a lot of math on the surface but i think i get it all that i need to!

Glad to help! Btw since these are villains, you don’t have to have everything worked out to a T.  I’m glad then I suggested Multiform because hen you have a separate sheet for each form of the character which I feel is easier at times then trying to remember what adds and when.  Also don’t be afraid to write up something and say “this is how it works”. I myself (am getting better) have gotten so hung up on getting it right that it can steal the joy outta this game. Anyways have fun!

Btw what video games are your villain using?

On 9/23/2020 at 1:49 PM, Ninja-Bear said:

Glad to help! Btw since these are villains, you don’t have to have everything worked out to a T.  I’m glad then I suggested Multiform because hen you have a separate sheet for each form of the character which I feel is easier at times then trying to remember what adds and when.  Also don’t be afraid to write up something and say “this is how it works”. I myself (am getting better) have gotten so hung up on getting it right that it can steal the joy outta this game. Anyways have fun!

Btw what video games are your villain using?

Im planning on a few video games; Overwatche's Mercy when the villain's minions get low around him; final fantasy will deffinetaly be used; i dont know the finer details yet a few more battles, but then the big climactic battle with this guy im thinking Doomslayer as at least the main form in the big boss encounter

3 minutes ago, Ninja-Bear said:

@cbat007, lol I don’t recognize those Video characters cause I’m old. 

Lol well, doom guy from the original dooms is the same; I plan on a big list of random charactors they might encounter on their adventures including link; donkey kong; samas aran; maybe some mortal combat charactors; it can be anything