A Thread For Random RPG Musings

tkdguy

It's more Hero than either.  A fencing duel featuring different martial arts styles?  A giant who does more with his PRE than his STR?  Count Rugen's machine that's basically a long term END drain?  Inigo making an EGO roll to continue the fight with Rugen?

But then again most things are more Hero than either GURPS or D&D, because those are inferior systems for inferior people.  ;)

Hero, you can model anything.  

So I rarely see something and think "that screams Hero."

I was exposed to the very first version of GURPS, so I think of it as a Skill based system.  Magic and tech - even guns, came later.

So a fencer who blew all his points on DEX & fencing, a strongman who poured everything into STR, and a more rounded, more efficiently built character better than either of them - and the villains.  Yeah, checks out.

8 hours ago, Old Man said:

It's more Hero than either.  A fencing duel featuring different martial arts styles?  A giant who does more with his PRE than his STR?  Count Rugen's machine that's basically a long term END drain?  Inigo making an EGO roll to continue the fight with Rugen?

But then again most things are more Hero than either GURPS or D&D, because those are inferior systems for inferior people.  ;)

Or more like a novice Hero GM. The two different fighting styles are really the same. The Giant was supposed to have more strength, what was I thinking? And I didn’t think the PC would have that high of a PRE. This machine will kill you! Dude, that’s an END Drain, I’ll make me really tired but still, not as deadly as you thought.

4 hours ago, tkdguy said:

Has anyone tried the One Page RPG stuff? 

Had a player some years ago come up with a 1d6 RPG he called "Yes or No."  I won'r attwmpt to detail it on this interface, but while it falls _deeply_ into "rules light," it was the absolute moar dun when being playws specifically to exploit it's flaws.   :lol: