Jump to content

Adventurers Club (and other stuff)


Recommended Posts

For those who don't subscribe, the BOH went up today with the Adventurers Club and a lot of other material! 

 

I don't know what it looks like yet: I only did the scanning; clean-up was left to other volunteers.  Still, it's the cheapest way there is to read the old stuff! 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Unless you already have all the old stuff. :nya:

 

But thank you very much for all your efforts to bring that material to the masses, Your Grace. :hail:

Haymaker was limited to those that wrote for it(otherwise I would have gotten it and is worth it alone )

1st,2nd, and 3rd editions are great adding in the Champions II and III(not editions but rule suppliments that came out between 2nd and 3rd editions would make a complete set of the rules (I know the 4th ed Almanacs have already been in another BoH) of 1st thru 5th

It took me years to collect every AC

for me 30$ for the Haymakers, Champions 1st,2nd,3rd editions (still wanting the 2 suppliment books) is a steal

I have all of the rest
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent! 

22 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Unless you already have all the old stuff. :nya:

 

 

I have the old stuff.  The scans, as you note, _are_ my old stuff.  :rofl:

 

I spent over a year and some stupid money collecting the old stuff. 

 

But now I also have the PDFs, and that didn't take three whole minutes (and considerably less money.    ;)  ) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to get it mainly for the Adventurer's Clubs.  I had most everything else already.  I knew this was in the works, but thank you Duke for letting us know it was available. 

 

Yay!  Some of my stuff is in among the Haymaker! archives.  Though some of that stuff is older - gah, including my first submissions to Haymaker!, please forgive my lack of experience and polish back when I wrote up the Malachite Islands.  That was almost 20 years ago, after all.

 

I was surprised to see that John Desmarais (the current Coordinator of Haymaker!) included a number of filler pages I had included when I was the Coordinator.  Wow, I had forgotten about most of those. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BoloOfEarth said:

I had to get it mainly for the Adventurer's Clubs.  I had most everything else already.  I knew this was in the works, but thank you Duke for letting us know it was available. 

 

Yay!  Some of my stuff is in among the Haymaker! archives.  Though some of that stuff is older - gah, including my first submissions to Haymaker!, please forgive my lack of experience and polish back when I wrote up the Malachite Islands.  That was almost 20 years ago, after all.

 

I was surprised to see that John Desmarais (the current Coordinator of Haymaker!) included a number of filler pages I had included when I was the Coordinator.  Wow, I had forgotten about most of those. 

 

 

 

Is Haymaker! still in existence and publishing? I was under the impression that it had stopped a number of years ago.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoloOfEarth said:

Yay!  Some of my stuff is in among the Haymaker! archives.  Though some of that stuff is older - gah, including my first submissions to Haymaker!, please forgive my lack of experience and polish back when I wrote up the Malachite Islands.  That was almost 20 years ago, after all.

 

 

Dude!  Please, _please_ tell me the Pirate ... Captain?  Prince?  The guy with the Gilbert and Sullivan fetish-- was one of yours.

 

That was awesome, and everyone needs an alternative to Foxbat every once in a while.  :)

 

 

34 minutes ago, archer said:

 

Is Haymaker! still in existence and publishing?

 

 

Same question, but with more excited drooling :D

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, archer said:

Is Haymaker! still in existence and publishing? I was under the impression that it had stopped a number of years ago.

 

The last issue of Haymaker! came out in October 2016.  So yeah, it has been a while.  However, John Desmarais was contacted recently about adding some Haymaker! goodness to the Bundle of Holding.  He contacted contributors to see who would give permission to have their work included, and organized what went into the Bundle.  Did a darn good job, too, IMO.  So as far as I'm concerned, he's still the Coordinator.  

 

The 'zine did go on a long hiatus before - from 2004 to 2008 - and it came back pretty strong for a good number of years, so I wouldn't count it out completely just yet. 

 

3 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

Dude!  Please, _please_ tell me the Pirate ... Captain?  Prince?  The guy with the Gilbert and Sullivan fetish-- was one of yours.

 

That was awesome, and everyone needs an alternative to Foxbat every once in a while.  :)

 

I agree, that was awesome.  However, I can't claim credit for the Pirate King - he sprang from the fertile mind of Michael Satran.  I can only dream of reaching Michael's level of greatness. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Duke, thank you for doing all of the scanning.  I've been reading through the AC's, and there's a lot of good material there.  I haven't gotten through many of the others yet, but I can't imagine there not being as much good material in those.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2020 at 7:08 PM, BoloOfEarth said:

Has anybody else had a problem with AC #26?  When I try and open it, I get a message that the file is damaged.  I tried re-downloading from BoH, and the new file has the same problem. 

I just realized I'm having trouble opening all the files. I can open them with firefox, but not chrome or microsoft edge

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...