The Halloween 2020 Thread

Thanks to the Beer Buggery, the usual Halloween festivities may be cancelled in many parts of our world. Thus, I'm starting this thread so we can all celebrate the holiday here on the forum. Post your favorite spooky images, videos, and stories here...just don't overindulge in sweets and be sure you brush your teeth before bed tonight.

For me it’s not Halloween until Jack Skellington beats the Oogie-Boogie man and Bette Middler runs around with Sarah Jessica Parker. Halloween has never been about “horror,” for me; it’s a celebration of life by recognizing that its fleeting and remembering those who came before us. But the actual answer to your question, it’s not Halloween until I’ve watched The Nightmare Before Christmas.

18 hours ago, Cancer said:

Black_hole_-_Messier_87_crop_max_res.jpg

You've been mooned by a 3.5 billion solar mass black hole THAT WE ARE FALLING TOWARDS AS WE SPEAK

I see Maximillian schell

What, I had to make the reference.

11 hours ago, Thia Halmades said:

For me it’s not Halloween until Jack Skellington beats the Oogie-Boogie man and Bette Middler runs around with Sarah Jessica Parker. Halloween has never been about “horror,” for me; it’s a celebration of life by recognizing that its fleeting and remembering those who came before us. But the actual answer to your question, it’s not Halloween until I’ve watched The Nightmare Before Christmas.

I have to see the shining, jack nicholson stars as himself in this biopic 

21 hours ago, Marcus Impudite said:

Thanks to the Beer Buggery, the usual Halloween festivities may be cancelled in many parts of our world. Thus, I'm starting this thread so we can all celebrate the holiday here on the forum. Post your favorite spooky images, videos, and stories here...just don't overindulge in sweets and be sure you brush your teeth before bed tonight.

“Beer Buggery”  Nice phrase!  It took me a second to figure out what you were talking about.  It sounded like something that happens to you if you go to the Oktoberfest with the English Navy during the 1700’s.

”All righty now Cabin Boy, it’s time to pay for yer’ lager!”

12 minutes ago, Tjack said:

“Beer Buggery”  Nice phrase!  It took me a second to figure out what you were talking about.  It sounded like something that happens to you if you go to the Oktoberfest with the English Navy during the 1700’s.

That sounds like a argument for temperance

I still wonder who Dia de los Muertos hasn't caught on in the United States. It catches the "memories of the Remembered Dead" brilliantly. I think one of the Halloween-themes films I need to see is The Book of Life, an animated film about Dia de los Muertos. Coco is more popular (because Pixar), but The Book of Life did it first.

On 10/7/2020 at 11:45 PM, Badger said:

Badger throws clawed demons in everybody s face

Barrett tempts fate and throws a swarm of Ewoks back at Badger.  They have their intended effect and give the demons something to gnaw on besides the faces of the fair members of this board.  Unfortunately, one or two get past the demons and land within striking distance of Badger.  Barrett blanches and prepares to take cover.  (+5 points)

14 hours ago, Tjack said:

I can't take credit of that one, sadly. It originated on YouTube, where the Ban Bots are likely to home in on you like heat-seeking missiles if you dare say anything about the Corona Virus.

2 hours ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

I still wonder who Dia de los Muertos hasn't caught on in the United States. It catches the "memories of the Remembered Dead" brilliantly. I think one of the Halloween-themes films I need to see is The Book of Life, an animated film about Dia de los Muertos. Coco is more popular (because Pixar), but The Book of Life did it first.

That’s because Americans are frightened by other languages.  This is why the metric system never caught on.  In high school a multi year language requirement still has the same effect as a drawing on an Etch-a-Sketch.  As soon as you get your diploma, the student gives their head a good shake and it’s all gone.  In the U.S. speaking another language is like performing a magic trick.  It astounds most people and scares the dumb ones.

The only reason Cinco de Mayo has gained the minor amount of traction it has is that to Americans it’s just annual Tequila day. 
      To anybody about to fire up the Bitchmobile, I am a native born American and I love my country. I’m just not blind to its flaws.    BTW;   I took two years of French and can only say “Jem appell Tim”.   Fat lotta good that did me when I went to live in Arizona and work as a cook for five years, but now I know how to curse in Spanish.

7 hours ago, BarretWallace said:

Barrett tempts fate and throws a swarm of Ewoks back at Badger.  They have their intended effect and give the demons something to gnaw on besides the faces of the fair members of this board.  Unfortunately, one or two get past the demons and land within striking distance of Badger.  Barrett blanches and prepares to take cover.  (+5 points)

Badger gets distracted chasing a d then devouring the escaped ewoks.  Giving time for the others to escape

Damn it

My wife passed away near the end of September 11 years ago. One of her favorite holidays was Halloween, and so we decided to hold her wake on that night. I rented out the clubhouse here at my townhome complex, and some very good friends gathered to eat, drink a bit, and reminisce about their favorite things about her. After a while, it became a little warm, and so we opened the clubhouse doors to get a little of the cool, crisp late October air. A few minutes later, a little kid in costume stood in the doorway, and said, "Trick or Treat!" An old friend of ours looked at me and smiled as we both got up, grabbed the candy bowls that I'd put around for nibbling, and gave out lots of candy.

There was just something so right for her to have trick or treaters at her wake, and it still brings a smile to my face, amidst the tears.