The Halloween 2020 Thread

On 10/9/2020 at 12:05 PM, Tjack said:

That’s because Americans are frightened by other languages.  This is why the metric system never caught on.  In high school a multi year language requirement still has the same effect as a drawing on an Etch-a-Sketch.  As soon as you get your diploma, the student gives their head a good shake and it’s all gone.  In the U.S. speaking another language is like performing a magic trick.  It astounds most people and scares the dumb ones.

The only reason Cinco de Mayo has gained the minor amount of traction it has is that to Americans it’s just annual Tequila day. 
      To anybody about to fire up the Bitchmobile, I am a native born American and I love my country. I’m just not blind to its flaws.    BTW;   I took two years of French and can only say “Jem appell Tim”.   Fat lotta good that did me when I went to live in Arizona and work as a cook for five years, but now I know how to curse in Spanish.

Hey there.  As an American and retired Navy man I can say that is not true.  I have been all over the world and can swear to the truth that we could successfully order beer and booze in every country we made port.

So there :nya:

9 hours ago, Spence said:

Hey there.  As an American and retired Navy man I can say that is not true.  I have been all over the world and can swear to the truth that we could successfully order beer and booze in every country we made port.

So there :nya:

Hell, even I’m not crazy enough to argue with a Navy man.  
      But my fellow cooks and dishwashers did also teach me how to say  “Mas Cervesas!” “Mas Tequila!”  “Gracias” and “Por favor.“.  Along with every curse word in Spanish. 

Posted this in the Free Adventure Seeds thread, but I thought I would share this here as well, if anyone is planning some Halloween gaming. 

The Adventures of Spider Jack in the Cotton Candy Forest

Halloween is just around the corner. Children are telling stories of Spider Jack, the man who lives in the woods and decorates the trees with cotton candy. They are fun stories, until kids begin going missing. Join us for some wicked fun, and uncover the mystery of Spider Jack.
http://housedok.com/spider-jack/ 

(Tried to include the image of Spider Jack as a spoiler, but the site did not like the size I think.)

There’s a Halloween episode for you...A one shot Pulp Hero where the characters are hired to investigate/protect a millionaire who’s friends and family are being terrorized and strangled by a mysterious spirit. The bald headed old man, his shrewish wife, younger sister and the houseguest (a famous pianist who’s having an affair with the wife) are all suspects and targets. The only clues are the blue threads found around the necks of the victims.  Make Linus either a vengeful spirit or mad killer depending on GM’s choice. Throw in the old man’s pet beagle and canary and see how long it takes for your players to catch on.

P.S.  Use Franklin as the Butler, Pepermint Patty as the Housekeeper and Pigpen as the Gardener for more suspects.

44 minutes ago, Logan.1179 said:

the_great_pumpkin_s_vengeance_by_reality

19 hours ago, Tjack said:

There’s a Halloween episode for you...A one shot Pulp Hero where the characters are hired to investigate/protect a millionaire who’s friends and family are being terrorized and strangled by a mysterious spirit. The bald headed old man, his shrewish wife, younger sister and the houseguest (a famous pianist who’s having an affair with the wife) are all suspects and targets. The only clues are the blue threads found around the necks of the victims.  Make Linus either a vengeful spirit or mad killer depending on GM’s choice. Throw in the old man’s pet beagle and canary and see how long it takes for your players to catch on.

P.S.  Use Franklin as the Butler, Pepermint Patty as the Housekeeper and Pigpen as the Gardener for more suspects.

Don't forget the secretary with the glasses who may or may not be carrying on with the housekeeper.

1 hour ago, ChaosDrgn said:

Don't forget the secretary with the glasses who may or may not be carrying on with the housekeeper.

I thought of Marcie as the cook a couple of hours later.   And yes if this was done as a Pulp game (1920’s or ‘30’s) them acting suspiciously about their alibis late at night would be a good red herring.  Modern Horror, not so much.

( Marcie calling Patty “Sir” could get interesting. )

1 hour ago, Tjack said:

I thought of Marcie as the cook a couple of hours later.   And yes if this was done as a Pulp game (1920’s or ‘30’s) them acting suspiciously about their alibis late at night would be a good red herring.  Modern Horror, not so much.

( Marcie calling Patty “Sir” could get interesting. )

You could add Rerun in as the young brother who's just come home from the fields, perhaps he's an amateur sleuth himself.

Or worse, he's brought linus/great pumpkin back, or even killed Linus because he's always in his shadow.