Crazy Damage Shield

Asperion

Most people realize the more common uses of damage shield, such as energy sheath or the dense skin of a brick. However, like most things in HS, DS can be used in many different ways. There are several ways that DS could be used for some rather crazy builds (and characters as well). What are some of the more creative DS builds that have been done and how did they turn out?

2 hours ago, Christougher said:

Grindstone: Transfer STR rather than Drain STR.

Static Fling: EB Double Knockback.

Pretty sure I have someone with a Flash Damage Shield, can't remember who.  

I have a character with a Flash Damage Shield who I keep meaning to add to the HERO wiki.

I gave a martial artist villain a Missile Deflect DS. He had the Wonder Woman bullet deflection thing, but didn't need to use an action to do so -- he could keep attacking or do other things.

The dimension lord Skarn, most recently published in CV1, has an EDM Damage Shield. Do not try to grab Skarn.

Dean Shomshak

Here is a wonderful concept for DS that should sound amusing.

As the attacker pounds on the character, he will become more dense until he gets to the point where he cannot remain standing.

Another DS does basically the opposite effect, the attacker will become phased when he attacks the character.

On 10/17/2020 at 7:08 PM, BoloOfEarth said:

Sonic character surrounded by an infrasonic field that causes anxiety and fear in anybody getting too close.  Drain PER and EGO, AVAD (Hearing Flash Defense), Invisible Power Effects. 

Drain PER? Don't you mean PRE?

Here's one I designed for one of my characters to use against mind readers some time ago.

Secrets Man Was Not Meant To Know: Kurzhaan has learned many horrible occult secrets over centuries of life and mystic study; those who invade his mind tend to regret doing so.
     Major Transform 1d6 (sentient being into gibbering lunatic; heals back by lobotomy or successful Psionic Surgery [Mental Transform], AVAD (Mental Defense; +0], Area Of Effect (personal Surface — Damage Shield; +1/4), Constant (+1/2), Damage Over TIme (24 damage increments, damage occurs every Hour for 1 Day, target’s defenses only apply once, can’t be re-used on same target until all damage has accrued, can be negated by possessing KS: Arcane and Occult Lore at 13- or greater or by erasing the memory of mental contact with Psionic Surgery; +1), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Works Against EGO, Not BODY (+1/4) (35 Active Points); Limited Target (sentient beings; -1/4) Mental Contact Only (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Requires An EGO Roll (-1/2). Total cost: 13 points.

On 10/22/2020 at 3:46 PM, Matt the Bruins said:

Here's one I designed for one of my characters to use against mind readers some time ago.

Secrets Man Was Not Meant To Know: Kurzhaan has learned many horrible occult secrets over centuries of life and mystic study; those who invade his mind tend to regret doing so.
     Major Transform 1d6 (sentient being into gibbering lunatic; heals back by lobotomy or successful Psionic Surgery [Mental Transform], AVAD (Mental Defense; +0], Area Of Effect (personal Surface — Damage Shield; +1/4), Constant (+1/2), Damage Over TIme (24 damage increments, damage occurs every Hour for 1 Day, target’s defenses only apply once, can’t be re-used on same target until all damage has accrued, can be negated by possessing KS: Arcane and Occult Lore at 13- or greater or by erasing the memory of mental contact with Psionic Surgery; +1), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Works Against EGO, Not BODY (+1/4) (35 Active Points); Limited Target (sentient beings; -1/4) Mental Contact Only (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Requires An EGO Roll (-1/2). Total cost: 13 points.

I'm not sure I'd consider being lobotomized as being healed back to normal.

Though that does qualify as a "Crazy Damage Shield". :D