Basic Thugs

cbat007

Assuming "average" heroes with OCV/DCV 8-10; 12-14 DCs; Defences 15-25 (about half resistant); SPD 4-5; STUN 35-50. 

I'd go with:

Basic Mugger/Petty Criminal/Bank Robber: OCV/DCV: 4, Damage: 1d6K-2d6K (depending on how well armed they are likely to be); Defences: 5 with no resistant def; SPD: 2; STUN20.

Tough Mook/Enforcer/Trained VIPER thug: OCV/DCV: 6 Damage:  8-10DC; Def 10 (about half resistant); SPD3; STUN 25.

Elite Thug/Senior Henchperson: OCV/DCV: 7-8; Damage: 8-10 DC; Defences 10 (about half resistant); SPD 3-4; STUN 30.

There are stats for these things in various books.  How powerful or weak they are kind of depends on which book you're referencing.

As far as guns go, here's the rule of thumb I tend to follow:

Little concealable snub-nosed revolvers tend to do about 1D6 killing.

A normal sized pistol is probably 1 1/2 D6 killing.

A big-ass hand cannon like a .44 Magnum or a .50 Desert Eagle is probably 2D6 or 2D6+1 killing.

Shotguns or rifles are probably 2D6 to 2 1/2 D6 killing.

A military-grade sniper rifle (.50 cal Barrett) is clocking in around 3D6 killing.

The Cobra Assault Cannon from Robocop is about 4D6 killing.  You can blow up cars with it.

The average thug, goon, or henchman probably has a 4 or 5 OCV and a 3 Speed.  Unarmed they probably hit for 3 or 4D6 normal damage, and they frequenlty carry brass knuckles (2D6), lead pipes (3D6), or baseball bats (4D6) to boost their damage.  They're good enough to reliably beat the hell out of normal people.  They probably have 5 to 8 Defense and 25 Stun or so.

12 hours ago, drunkonduty said:

Assuming "average" heroes with OCV/DCV 8-10; 12-14 DCs; Defences 15-25 (about half resistant); SPD 4-5; STUN 35-50. 

I'd go with:

Basic Mugger/Petty Criminal/Bank Robber: OCV/DCV: 4, Damage: 1d6K-2d6K (depending on how well armed they are likely to be); Defences: 5 with no resistant def; SPD: 2; STUN20.

Tough Mook/Enforcer/Trained VIPER thug: OCV/DCV: 6 Damage:  8-10DC; Def 10 (about half resistant); SPD3; STUN 25.

Elite Thug/Senior Henchperson: OCV/DCV: 7-8; Damage: 8-10 DC; Defences 10 (about half resistant); SPD 3-4; STUN 30.

It really varies for me due to the episode. However, a very general listing would be:

The Tough Mook would be CV 5, Dmg varies 6-8 DC.

The Elite Thug would be CV 6, Dmg 6-10 DC, depends on the hero & situation

The Senior Henchperson could be CV 6-8, Dmg 8-10DC, again depends on the hero & situation.

13 hours ago, Tech said:

It really varies for me due to the episode. However, a very general listing would be:

The Tough Mook would be CV 5, Dmg varies 6-8 DC.

The Elite Thug would be CV 6, Dmg 6-10 DC, depends on the hero & situation

The Senior Henchperson could be CV 6-8, Dmg 8-10DC, again depends on the hero & situation.

Senior Hench get names and their own character sheets.