First Printing of Gadgets! (HER023, 1986)?

rravenwood

This is definitely not of great importance, but just in case someone has the answer: Does anyone have a copy of Gadgets! that shows a "First Printing" date - and if so, what is that date?  My own copy which I bought Way Back When shows "Second Printing September 1986", and the PDF of it that I picked up in one of the Bundles of Holding a couple years ago also shows "Second Printing".

Thanks in advance!

My copy of Gadgets! says, "First Printing May 1986."

BTW this is still my favorite Hero publication on this particular subject. Every gadget was given a distinctive description, creative history, and well-defined SFX, making them more flavorful than later efforts.

EDIT: Once again, a Duke surpasses a Lord. :tonguewav

Surpass my eye teeth!

I can't sleep.  I've spent the entire weekend doing an emergency re-wiring of the house, and I am too cussed old and too stove up to rewire a three-story house in two days.  I hurt too danged bad to lay down and sleep....

Say-- 

Does either of you fellas' copies have a barcode on the back?

Mine has a blank rectangle of familiar proportions that I have always assumed was intended to hold a bar code or library data but it just wasn't ready when the book went to bed.

I'd be curious to know if that's still the case on subsequent printings.

I'm sorry you're going through that, Duke. My own wiring is wearing out, as is my plumbing and foundation... oh, you meant your house. Never mind. :whistle:

My copy also has a blank rectangle on the back, although that has its ISBN number written across the bottom. As I recall, in the 1980s my FLGS (each of them) would put a bar code sticker, or one of those anti-theft foil patches, on the cellophane wrapper those modules came in, and IIRC those were usually stuck over that blank patch, I guess so as not to spoil the view of the cover.

Thanks Duke and LL!  I agree, it does seem to have sold out rather quickly - it was so long ago that I'm probably not remembering clearly, but I don't think I waited all that long after it was released before I bought it.  Duke, I will check my copy this evening after I get home and let you know if it has a barcode or blank space on the back.

Thank you, Sir.

Much appreciated.

Honestly, i'd love to have print and reprint info for all the books, just to add them to my master work. (See signature link; go to sheet 2.  Its rough, because of time problems, but its a solid start, I think)

You know how that goes for us "frustrated librarians."  Right, LL?

:rofl:

My copy has a barcode - photo attached.  Possibly they decided to add it for the second printing?

I like your spreadsheet, Duke.  I haven't been able to spend much time going through it, but I took a quick peek.  I have something vaguely similar - no promises, but when I get a little time, I'll let you know if I have any info collected that I think will help your sheet.

HER023_barcode.JPG