RIP Sean Connery

Tom Cowan

This is the BBC's take on him

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54761824

7 Bond films of which 6 were official and I have the official ones.

Crime films like Entrapment, The First Great Train Robbery and The Anderson Tapes where he played the villain

Crime films where he played the good guy like The Presidio, The Untouchables, The Offence, Ransom, Rising Sun and Outland

War films where he played all ranks like The Longest Day, A Bridge Too Far, On the Fiddle and The Hill 

And one of my favourites Playing by Heart

But he was also in rubbish like The Avengers and particularly First Knight 

5 minutes ago, death tribble said:

This is the BBC's take on him

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54761824

7 Bond films of which 6 were official and I have the official ones.

Crime films like Entrapment, The First Great Train Robbery and The Anderson Tapes where he played the villain

Crime films where he played the good guy like The Presidio, The Untouchables, The Offence, Ransom, Rising Sun and Outland

War films where he played all ranks like The Longest Day, A Bridge Too Far, On the Fiddle and The Hill 

And one of my favourites Playing by Heart

But he was also in rubbish like The Avengers and particularly First Knight 

Most good (and great) actors take bad roles to earn a living, but eventually Connery knew he would only get roles in bad films anymore. That's why he retired and stuck with retirement. He spent his last years in semi-seclusion and relative anonymity.

41 minutes ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

Most good (and great) actors take bad roles to earn a living, but eventually Connery knew he would only get roles in bad films anymore. That's why he retired and stuck with retirement. He spent his last years in semi-seclusion and relative anonymity.

And from his own words, he very much enjoyed retirement. I'm glad he ended his life the way he wanted. For that reason, and for the vast body of great work he left for all of us, I'm not inclined to mourn his passing, but to celebrate his life.

Badger has, to my knowledge, never actually shaved a badger, he did slathere one in 'Veet' and then tried to peal it. AS I recall it took 5 hours stay in the ER, a week of bed rest and 3 months of counselling to get over what happened.

But, back at the topic. RIP to The Man Who Would Be King.