Looking For Playtesters

sentry0

OK, so I relaize people don't have a lot of information about the project so I updated the webpage.

The gist of it is I'm in the end stages of combining HERO and OpenD6 into a game which is attempting to extract the high cards of both systems.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, Sentry-O!  If you're still looking for play-testers, then count me in.  I'm intrigued by your proposed system, and powerfully attracted to anything that retains HERO's benefits (flexibility, detail, workable overall structure) while discarding its besetting vices (ridiculous levels of granularity and associated point costs; EVERY part of EVERY skill/power/ability must be defined and paid for). 

As a long-time Champions player, that's something I've always found particularly irksome; the system's fanatical emphasis on 'no freebees'!  Some powers/skills/abilities a player buys should *automatically* include some additional, related skills/powers/abilities"; if you buy "Human Form" for a character, you shouldn't *also* have to buy the ability to walk, run, eat, breathe or defecate with that form!  (That way lies madness -- or at least, the most recent iterations of the HERO System.)

On 12/20/2020 at 6:00 PM, Haven Walkur said:

Hello, Sentry-O!  If you're still looking for play-testers, then count me in.  I'm intrigued by your proposed system, and powerfully attracted to anything that retains HERO's benefits (flexibility, detail, workable overall structure) while discarding its besetting vices (ridiculous levels of granularity and associated point costs; EVERY part of EVERY skill/power/ability must be defined and paid for). 

As a long-time Champions player, that's something I've always found particularly irksome; the system's fanatical emphasis on 'no freebees'!  Some powers/skills/abilities a player buys should *automatically* include some additional, related skills/powers/abilities"; if you buy "Human Form" for a character, you shouldn't *also* have to buy the ability to walk, run, eat, breathe or defecate with that form!  (That way lies madness -- or at least, the most recent iterations of the HERO System.)

Sorry for not getting back sooner... holidays are crazy and I've been sick as well.

A lot of the HERO DNA is present in the current iteration of the system but the main things that is different is the math.

Shoot me an email at chimera.the.system@gmail.com and I'll add you to the list :)