Coastal City from Atlas Unleashed

Mark Rand

On 12/16/2020 at 2:17 PM, Mark Rand said:

One good thing about using Pittsburgh as the basis for Coastal City is that maps and references for it are easy to find. 

Not to be too far off topic, but I use versions of Hudson City.  It has a great map.

@Mark Rand, driving in Pittsburgh is murder! I swear every time I drove down there I ended up on my way to West Virginia! 😂 Seriously though the signs under the bridges are small to read and traffic moves fast!

Again, I would put my bid in for Erie. Im sure no one could find the mistake on the lake if they had too. Of the Great Lakes you are the closest to Canada and ain’t that far from Montreal. Buffalo, NY and Niagara Falls is fairly close by car and New York City isn’t terribly far by air either.  I can also point out where there is a statue of George Washington in a British uniform is too! 😂 Whoops I forgot that Cleveland is about 30 minute drive away. And (sorry I don’t know the tribe’s name) there’s a Reservation about 15 minute drive away in New York State. 

6 hours ago, Ninja-Bear said:

@Mark Rand, driving in Pittsburgh is murder! I swear every time I drove down there I ended up on my way to West Virginia! 😂 Seriously though the signs under the bridges are small to read and traffic moves fast!

Again, I would put my bid in for Erie. Im sure no one could find the mistake on the lake if they had too. Of the Great Lakes you are the closest to Canada and ain’t that far from Montreal. Buffalo, NY and Niagara Falls is fairly close by car and New York City isn’t terribly far by air either.  I can also point out where there is a statue of George Washington in a British uniform is too! 😂 Whoops I forgot that Cleveland is about 30 minute drive away. And (sorry I don’t know the tribe’s name) there’s a Reservation about 15 minute drive away in New York State. 

Plus, the shortest distance between two points in Pittsburgh is always under construction. 

The idea was to use the map of Pittsburgh as the map of Coastal City.  But, using Erie as the basis for Coastal City is worth looking at.  Presque Isle Bay could become Coastal City Bay.

3 hours ago, Ninja-Bear said:

I forgot to add that Erie has major railroad going through it. Several years ago though they stopped having trains going through 19th street but you could still have trains going through it.

Yeah.  Norfolk Southern, CSX, and Amtrak go through Erie.

A thought I just had was Santa Barbara County.  Wayne Air Force Base could by replaced by Vandenburg Air Force Base.