Human Torch

Sicarius

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 4:17 PM, Sicarius said:

Awesome!  Thank you and everyone for the thoughts and suggestions.

If Capt Marvel is not a multiform then I guess the same would be true of the Hulk.  That means I have no idea why a werewolf would be a multiform.

--Just checked out Sam Bell's writes up on a few characters.  Don't want to mess with these guys!

Multiform assumes that you are playing two totally different characters with a different personalities.  Typically a werewolf has a different personality than the human it transforms from.

1 hour ago, Greywind said:

Multiform assumes nothing. The players and GM make the assumptions.

Beast Boy/Changeling is the poster child of Multiform. Every form he takes has the same personality; Gar Logan's.

And way too expensive the way Hero is designed.

Obviously there is very little agreement on this. But multi form instead of multi personalities might be a clue?????

Beast boy does not change personality but the Hulk sure does. Harlequin (spelled wrong I'm sure) has multiple personalities but the same form. 

Some beings have different identities with different skill sets and memories but have the same form.  Guess I'll have to really read over it as well as some 'official' characters built with multiform.  But I would think Dr Don Blake vs Thor is a multiform. Certainly they sport different hairstyles, bodies, voice, height, parents, abilities, yada yada. 

I think you could go either way with Thor, although as pointed out Thor is no doctor and so he's obviously losing access to certain skills and knowledge (as is Blake).  Captain Mar-Vell is the classic multiform: one person becomes someone else completely.  But you could technically buy that as HFO if you wanted to keep it simple.

On 1/15/2021 at 1:32 AM, HeroGM said:

This is the image I was talking about. Wizard has it credited to liefield though he claims it's not his. Go figure.

spitfire_unionjack_1.jpg

That doesn't look like Liefeld to me. Maybe someone else in Extreme Studios from the time, but Liefeld's characters would be slightly more exaggerated. It kind of looks like Ian Churchill or someone inked by Art Thibert. 

6 hours ago, HeroGM said:

And way too expensive the way Hero is designed.

Beast Boy's shapeshift? VPP defined as shapeshifting and limited to Multiforms.