Human Torch

Sicarius

1 hour ago, Greywind said:

Only in Alternate Hero/Villain ID. Thor knows nothing about medicine and surgery, but Don Blake does.

That is what I meant by different abilities. Strength, knowledge. Skills.  It's almost like a summoning where they switch places. Some invocation with physical effects.  They are completely different physically and mentally. Other than both being good that is.

Only in alternate ID seems more like Tony Stark vs Iron Man. Or Underdog even. He pops a pill and whammy! Sweet Polly Purebred is saved!

1 hour ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Technically illegal 

I disagree.   I posted the example here a while back where Steve Peterson himself published that character as a Multipower and bonus characteristics with the limitations "only for reasonable animal forms" amongst others.

Oh-- nevermind.  

Technically illegal because you can't put one framework into another-- I misread  the VPP of _multiforms_; I read it as "multiple forms."

I take back my objection.

Carry on!

:D

On 12/31/2020 at 5:16 PM, JmOz said:

Perez on Cap, trying to get the ugly gone :), ohh the Avengers as well

7e50d7344ac29f1b1675051ec63768c3.jpg

What I loved about Perez is how he is able to make women faces look different.  Take Scarlet Witch and Firestar, they are both beautiful women but they have different looks, Wanda has an angler face whereas Angelica has a more rounder look.

10 hours ago, Greywind said:

Multiform assumes nothing. The players and GM make the assumptions.

Beast Boy/Changeling is the poster child of Multiform. Every form he takes has the same personality; Gar Logan's.

True, you can do the same thing with a Multipower with variable slots.

On 1/17/2021 at 10:42 PM, starblaze said:

What I loved about Perez is how he is able to make women faces look different.  Take Scarlet Witch and Firestar, they are both beautiful women but they have different looks, Wanda has an angler face whereas Angelica has a more rounder look.

The way Perez drew Wanda changed through the years. Same as he did with Raven. They both started out with rounder, softer faces that became longer and more angular as Perez got older. With Raven they just worked it into the character's arc, changing as she slipped into Trigon's control.

On 1/17/2021 at 7:26 PM, Christopher R Taylor said:

Technically illegal but yes, that's how I would build it as well -- and how I did build a patriotic 40's era sidekick character who could turn into any American animal!

Illegal in 4th because Multiform is a special power. Perfectly legal in 5th and 6th because Steve long made Multiform a standard power.

I don't agree with the change but that is the RAW. I house rule it back to a special when I run.

11 hours ago, Grailknight said:

Illegal in 4th because Multiform is a special power. Perfectly legal in 5th and 6th because Steve long made Multiform a standard power.

I don't agree with the change but that is the RAW. I house rule it back to a special when I run.

Legal shemgal.  Take a page from the politicians and do whatever you want safe in the knowledge you will not be prosecuted. Prostituted most definitely. But never prosecuted. 🤐

1 hour ago, Sicarius said:

Odd how I started this post and now I have no idea what it's on about.🤔

In the fullness of things do we really know what anything is about?

How about Combining as a form of Multiform? Or would you mix it in with Duplication?

Phil Jimenez modeled his style off Perez.

Well you can learn from far worse.  I recommend every single new artist who wants to do this style of stuff to pick up old Kirby stuff and draw it.  Don't draw Kirby, but study his layouts, angles, lighting, etc and draw your version of his panels.  Copy his exact poses, expressions, etc but do it in your own style.

You'll learn wonderful things about layouts and how to make your art explode off a page.  I don't like Kirby's style but he was damned good at comic books