Question about specific power

asab33

Im very new to the champions system and ive been going deep into CC but i ran into a bit of a problem while making my character. Im making a super with the ability to create Hard Light constructs like green lantern, no flight or anything of the sort tho. I ran into trouble trying to create a power that works as a sort of "Creates Hard light platforms to be able to go up in the air or avoid rough terrain", kinda like Gwen tennyson in Ben 10 alien force, Any ideas on how i can make a power like that? Also, any idea of what kind of limitation i could use to signify "requires visible light" thanks!!

4 hours ago, asab33 said:

Im very new to the champions system and ive been going deep into CC but i ran into a bit of a problem while making my character. Im making a super with the ability to create Hard Light constructs like green lantern, no flight or anything of the sort tho. I ran into trouble trying to create a power that works as a sort of "Creates Hard light platforms to be able to go up in the air or avoid rough terrain", kinda like Gwen tennyson in Ben 10 alien force, Any ideas on how i can make a power like that? Also, any idea of what kind of limitation i could use to signify "requires visible light" thanks!!

Welcome asab33 to the Hero System and Champions. 

Like Ninja-Bear says, sounds like gliding (which in 6ed is the Flight power with some limitations). It should be noted that Hard Light is only a special effect. It is up to the player and the GM to find what that means.

Using Champions Complete...common powers associated with Hard Light...(page numbers reference Champions Complete unless noted otherwise).

Barrier (p. 51-52)

Blast (physical p. 52)

Clinging (p. 55)

Deflection (p. 57)

Duplication (hard light doubles p. 59-61)

Entangle (p. 65)

Extra Limbs (p. 67)

Flight (hard light elevator p. 69)

Growth (exo barrier suit p. 69)

Hand-To-Hand Attack (hard light punching gloves p. 70)

Killing Attack (hard light tools p.72-73)

Life Support (not really part of hard light, but common for those who wield it p. 74)

Reflection (p. 82)

Resistant Protection (p. 83)

Running (creating a hard light skateboard p. 83-84)

Stretching (p. 85-86)

Summon (an alternative to duplication p. 87-88)

Swinging (p. 88)

Telekinesis (p. 89)

Tunneling (p. 94)

Power Frameworks 

Multipower (p. 122)

Variable Power Pool (for advance players only p. 122-123)

Advance Player's Guide powers

Object Creation (Hero System Advance Player's Guide 2 p. 32-34)

Note: The above power is 100% optional.

Take this list as a guide. Don't let this limit your creativity.

1 hour ago, HeroGM said:

Example in Champions Complete IIRC

Page 210 of Champions Complete has an example of a seven slot Multipower called a Power Ring. It includes Telekinesis, Blast, Range Killing Attack, Barrier; Resistance Protection, Flight, and Faster Than Light Travel all from a 120 reserve on a Obvious Assesable Focus. On pages 209-212 are various other powers which can be added depending on how you twist a special effect.