Question about Fantasy Hero Complete

JmOz

Page 26 or so features an example of skill use featuring "a goblin rogue," and page features a guy with pointed ears posing in front of his wanted poster as he begins to turn invisible drinking what is probably not the beer I thought it was when I first read through the book.

Growth on page 81 mentions fairies and "aspects of giants."

To be fair, though, page... 86, was it?  Uses Defender in one of the examples, which is a bit jarring.  It's under Killing Attack, if you're just interested in looking it up.

Seriously, the whole book is sort of in this vein:  what little mention there is of race-- fantasy or otherwise-- is a throw-away word or two in the examples, and even then, that's rare enough to actually be memorable: most of the examples are "a character" as opposed to "Sprite Elf Unicorn Thingy."  A lot of the powers are renamed for their presumed fantasy use, or are simply builds using aspects of powers or combinations (the Talents section has several of these), but ultimately, there is very little that is "fantasy" in Fantasy Hero Complete.  Still, I heartily support it, because it is a complete rules set in one thin book (relatively).  I can't help but believe that if HERO is going to thrive, more stuff in this direction is an important part of moving forward: printing costs, ease of refer--

sorry; this is not the place for that.  I apologize.

Anyway, A.I.s are Spirits- Daemons, I think. 

FHC is 6e, so no Package Deals.  Instead you have "Templates," which is an all-new, never-before-done thing that is _not_ a Package Deal devoid of any points savings bonus.  To be fair, though, these are Characteristics and physical traits as well as common Disads for the species (except for the one that has "like wine" as a racial disad.  That kinda bugged me, but hey-- .

At any rate, you get the animal hybrids (Cats, a couple big cats (no tigers; sorry, but the Kzinti are Sci-fi, so you'll have to wait for Star HERO Complete.  :lol:  ), 

hang on: this is what you actually asked for.  Let me look it up real quick....

Cat-folk

Lion folk

Cheetah-folk

Deer-folk

Satyr (apparently an optional subset of Deer-folk)

Dog-folk (double-duty as Wolf-folk

Then you have Centaurs, Dwarves, Gnomes, Elves, Fairies, Giants, Goblin, Hobgoblin, Orcs (greater and lesser), Halflings, Humans, Dragon-folk, Lizard-folk, Serpent-folk (has D&D gone like extra-big on hybrid people?  Seriously: I haven't followed D&D since the original AD&D.  I tend to assume that D&D is the impetus behind most fantasy race models these days), "Winged-Folk" (no sub-sets), and four or five lines about mixed lineage.

Then there are templates for "Types," including Aquatic, Divine, Infernal, Elemental, and Lycanthropes (complete with subsets for the kind of was-wolf or was-shark or whatever your preference is).

There's a page featuring size templates for embiggening your character and a column for reductifying them.  A half-column on the next page tells you how to enmassen them without actual Density Incraese, then back to creatures with Vampires.

Cultural Templates give you a few *ahem* character classes:

barbarian, City-folk, Horse Nomad, Merchant / Trader, Seafarer, Warrior, bard, Knight, mage, Martial Artist, Merchant (again), noble, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Warrior (again, but with options), and then we move on into Campaigning advice.

Hope something there is what you're looking for!

:D

On 12/30/2020 at 5:37 AM, JmOz said:

Could someone list the package deals (ESPECIALY racial) included.   

From page 202 and onwards:

Racial

Animal-Folk (Cat, Lion, Cheetah, Deer, Dog)

Centaur

Dwarf (Dwarf, Gnome)

Elf (High, Wood)

Faerie

Giant (Fire, Frost, Storm, Ogre, Troll)

Goblin (Goblin, Hobgoblin, Orc, Greater Orc, Lesser Orc)

Halfling

Reptile-Folk (Dragon, Lizard, Serpent)

Winged-Folk

Ancestral/Environmental

Aquatic

Divine/Infernal

Elemental (Air, Earth, Fire, Water)

Lycanthrope (Wolf, Bear, Boar, Shark, Tiger

Size/Weight (Larger, Smaller, Heavier)

Vampire

Cultural

Barbarian

City-Dweller

Horse Nomad

Merchant/Trader

Seafarer

Warrior

Professional

Bard

Knight

Mage (Mage, Alchemist, Witch)

Martial Artist

Merchant

Noble

Paladin

Priest (Priest, Druid, Monk, Shaman)

Rogue (Rogue, Assassin, Bandit, Con-Man)

Warrior (Warrior, Archer, Heavy, Light, Ranger)

I hope it helps!