Top Five Fictional Characters to Punch In the Face

Pariah

I'll have to think about the list longer myself, but the top would probably be Gul Dukat (Mark Alaimo) from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. I don't remember anyone actually punching that smug smirk off his face.

Another candidate: Carter Burke (Paul Reiser), the "company man" from Aliens. That deceitful, backstabbing little weasel got what he deserved in the end, but I still would've liked to get a shot in first.

Hmmm...

Before season 5, Londo Mollari from Babylon 5.  Oh, second choice...Bester.  Not like this'd succeed either...

from DS9, almost any Ferrengi.  This should require no explanation whatsoever. :)

Iago from Macbeth

And for #5, let's go off the beaten track.  Bud Bundy, from Married with Children.  GROW A PAIR!!  I'll grant he had 2 major handicaps (Al and Peg), but still, kid.....  

27 minutes ago, unclevlad said:

Iago from Macbeth

Iago is in Othello and he is the bad guy. But he does not get his come-uppance in the play so you have a very good point.

Interestingly you (and I mean the vast majority of us) would not pick any of the major Shakespeare bad guys like Shylock, Richard III or Macbeth their means and motives are clear.

Guy Gardiner and I would be Batman to do it.

Henry Peter Gyrich from the Avengers. If you have read the comic you would know why.

1 hour ago, Lord Liaden said:

I'll have to think about the list longer myself, but the top would probably be Gul Dukat (Mark Alaimo) from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. I don't remember anyone actually punching that smug smirk off his face.

Another candidate: Carter Burke (Paul Reiser), the "company man" from Aliens. That deceitful, backstabbing little weasel got what he deserved in the end, but I still would've liked to get a shot in first.

Sisko got in a couple of good shots in the episode Duet where he and Dukat were marooned on an asteroid and Dukat was talking to the voices in his head.  As well as their fight at the end of the final episode What You Leave Behind.  But I agree he never got the full on ass kicking he deserved.   
   It was a good character arc overall.  Well written and wonderfully acted by Marc Alaimo.  Dukat swung back and forth from irredeemable villain to flawed hero and back again over the course of the series.

Ohlmin, the master from the Slaver's Guild in the Guardian of the Flame series. A thoroughly vile person if you have any of our world's current Western civilization ethical standards concerning slavery, rape, child abuse, abusing women, casual cruelty, physical torture, mental torture, intentionally maiming people, and/or intentionally triggering active shooting wars between nations in order to line your own pockets.

He's the kind of guy who you can compare to Hitler and accidentally find yourself thinking, "You know, in comparison, Hitler was a pretty nice guy." 

1 hour ago, archer said:

Ohlmin, the master from the Slaver's Guild in the Guardian of the Flame series. A thoroughly vile person if you have any of our world's current Western civilization ethical standards concerning slavery, rape, child abuse, abusing women, casual cruelty, physical torture, mental torture, intentionally maiming people, and/or intentionally triggering active shooting wars between nations in order to line your own pockets.

He's the kind of guy who you can compare to Hitler and accidentally find yourself thinking, "You know, in comparison, Hitler was a pretty nice guy." 

It’s always great to find another fan of this series!  I’ve been re-reading it about once a year for going on two decades now.  The thing is, what he does is the same as most other fantasy villain types, The horror is when it happens to and is seen through the eyes of modern day role-players sent into a fantasy world.   
  Rape, plunder and pillage.  Burn the village and take the survivors as slaves doesn’t seem like much fun when it happens to you.    The PC’s eventually start a revolution of ideas and values between the slave holding system and their free enterprise one.   But somehow more fun than I’ve made it sound.

I will not disqualify Beavis and Butthead.  Thing is, punching them in the face wouldn't do any good--you'd just have a sore hand, and they'd be that much more stupid.

+1 for Gul Dukat.  I remember when he killed Jadzia Dax, and stood over her and said he never meant her any harm.  "LIAR!" I hissed at the screen.  "You'd burn down the galaxy to get what you wanted!"

Negan, from The Walking Dead.  I had my own name for the character--Schicklgruber.  (Yeah, I went there.  Tell me I'm wrong.  If you can.)  It angers me that both the comic and the TV series try to redeem him.  I fail to see the point that Kirkman and the showrunners are trying to make.

Ed Cocannon, from the movie The Verdict.  Would stoop to any level to win his case--even employing a woman to begin a relationship with the plaintiff's attorney (Paul Newman's character.)

6 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

I see. To remember a youtube video recently for Dukat.

In a series villains to dumb to live or something.

5 hours ago, Starlord said:

Jar Jar Binks

the male and female lead characters from Twilight

any early Adam Sandler characters

Dolores Umbridge

any character played by Pauly Shore

Too good for paily shore

Bring me the bore worms.

Admiral huldo is the first i can think of.

Not that it would do me any good, but the organians aggravated me to no end.

Kirk during his speech in the episode where he, spock, and the girl of the week let the aliens body hop them to build new bodies (but while punching him, i have to be able to say "have you lost your damn mind")

All plato's stepchildren not played by Michael Dunn.

Wesley Crusher.  Yeh, the kid who played him turned out okay IRL, but that character...

Joffrey Baratheon.  Series; I haven't read the books.

Von Kaiser.  Sure it's a video game character but his face is literally made to be punched.

Short Round.  Not proud of wanting to punch a kid, but tell me he doesn't have it coming.

31 minutes ago, Blue said:

Wesley Crusher.  Yeh, the kid who played him turned out okay IRL, but that character...

Who else remembers the heyday of newsgroups and alt. ? 

alt.wesley.crusher.die.die.die ... it was a thing...

I will say, was it the character or the producers?  "Kid genius saves the day!" is a trope many loathe.

Another oldie...Larry Linville's Frank Burns.  Duvall's Burns, in the movie...nah, not a punch in the face.  Maybe a couple weeks in Castle Anthrax.  But Linville's...yeah.