Top Five Fictional Characters to Punch In the Face

Pariah

7 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Tap it? Sure. But the only time in the movies we saw it actually affecting Tony's behavior was in Iron Man 2, in response to anticipating his imminent death. Even then he retained enough control to beat armored Rhodey down twice. We never see his alcohol intake impairing his ability to function when he needed to.

Neither did Yinsen.

10 hours ago, Grailknight said:

In fairness to him, he created Ultron after Wanda mind zapped him.

I didnt think she mind screwed him until she did it to everyone when they were after Claw? And they were after Claw because Ultron was trying to get Vibranium from him, iirc. I may be wrong on the sequence, haven't watched that one in a while.

4 hours ago, Cygnia said:

Ferris Bueller

I have never seen Ferris Bueller's Day Off and I do not have the inclination to do so. I also know what happens. Still don't see the appeal.

It's like the show Everybody Loves Raymond. I could never understand why anyone would like Raymond. He's another you could punch in the face.

2 hours ago, slikmar said:

I didnt think she mind screwed him until she did it to everyone when they were after Claw? And they were after Claw because Ultron was trying to get Vibranium from him, iirc. I may be wrong on the sequence, haven't watched that one in a while.

She got Tony during the invasion of the castle.

On 12/31/2020 at 2:38 AM, wcw43921 said:

Tjack, I like that first line in your rant--I may steal it and modify it for my own purposes.

I said that originally about my best friend Scott, who’s birthday is today. So I will also put up for public usage some of the other more colorful ways I’ve described him....

“He doesn’t just carry a grudge, he has them fitted with extendable handles and little wheels on the bottom so he get through the airport faster.”

When somebody called him an a$$#0le I replied “He’s not just any a$$#0le, he is their King...as a matter of fact whenever in the world someone is an a$$#0le, they have to send him a nickel.”

“That man does not simply have “issues”,  he has a lifetime subscription to Pissed Off Daily!” 
  Live and be immortal my brother. Happy Birthday!

P.S. Not the alcoholic part, just the rest of the line.

Tony Stark, maybe just him five times. 

Theo from The Haunting of Hill House, either the book or the first magnificent film (holy cow is that a deep watch!) 

trying to come up with five new ones...

Iago the parrot. Or maybe just Gilbert Gottfried

Doctor Who. Correct me and you can be number six

Tyler Durden. I know there is a flaw in my cunning plan, but when a character yields such a truly unpleasantly toxic,  lame fan-base he must be punched hard in the face. 

Harley Quinn, any and every incarnation including her character's initial appearance in the Animated Batman.  PUNCH that sulky little psycho face!  I never found her either cute or whimsical; she's a murderous psychopath with no inkling of personal responsibility -- and the fact of her having been involved in an abusive relationship with the Joker does NOT somehow transform her into a saint or a martyr.

Frodo Baggins -- and this was many years ago and based on the novel!  I couldn't stand the pathetic little whiner and his pseudo-stoic drivel ["No, Sam, the Ring is my burden, and only *I* can carry it"], and then, after all their efforts to get him to Mount Doom, the miserable emo wretch FAILS!  Frodo, you had ONE task... and you effed it up!  Of course, the movies, well-made as they were, only re-awakened and exacerbated my fury at Frodo's self-indulgent weakness, so beautifully portrayed therein... so POW, right in Elijah Woods' pretty, snivelling Hobbit face.

Second Thomas Covenant; almost every line he speaks warrants a fresh punch, as do all his actions.

Second Holden Caufield; sterilise this school-shooter-in-training and humanely render him incapable of further speech.

Edited by Haven Walkur
missed an obvious target

9 hours ago, Starlord said:

Ferris Bueller was awesome...it's the sister that should be punched...well...until the end then she's ok.

Nah, ferris bueller need a beatdown

5 hours ago, Tjack said:

You do it dude, her dad is the Master of Sinanju, and she’s married to Agent Coulson.

I’ll be waiting down the block with an ambulance for ‘ya.

I never made the connection on her father before.

I'm not sure I could limit it to just five an who I'd put in the top spots but given the holidays have passed but recently, I think I would definitely have Mr. Potter from It's a Wonderful Life , that greedy conniving hateful old spider is said to be miserable, but the sheer amount of misery he caused people daily 'off panel' confirmed that he was a slum lord,  fearmonger, and more who casually destroyed lives and expected you to tip your hat to him and kiss his ass or he would try to wreck you.

11 hours ago, Haven Walkur said:

Second Thomas Covenant; almost every line he speaks warrants a fresh punch, as do all his actions.

Oh my dear child ! Bless you for posting this !

The first book I abandoned and came back to was the first chronicles of Thomas Covenant. I got so fed up I bought The Many Coloured Land by Julian May and read through all the Saga of the Pliocene Exile before going back to it. Thomas was a monumental git and his whining got to me.

Now young Haven I did get your Christmas present although what you think I am going to do with 20 tons of coal apart from something very nefarious.