Top Five Fictional Characters to Punch In the Face

Pariah

9 hours ago, Greywind said:

Just about every character William Atherton has ever played.

Walter Peck (Ghostbusters)
Thornberg (Die Hard)
Prof. Jerry Hathaway (Real Genius)

Said it before and I'll say it again, William Atherton is secretly a niche actor, his core role: Guy who seems competent at his job, but is the source of complications. This even holds true in movies like Real Genius. I thought about including a few of his characters, but he generally gets his comeuppance. 

9 minutes ago, death tribble said:

I had to look these three up as I yhad no idea who they were. Two were in films I have not seen Hard Candy and The Burbs but you miss the third as Devil's Advocate is about two other people.

Emphases mine, not sure what you mean here. 

2 minutes ago, death tribble said:

Devil's Advocate I recall for Pacino and Reeves. I totally forgot who he was defending and why.

The opening court case Reeves is defending an accused child molester. Later we find out that he kills the girl testifying against him. That's who I listed as needing a punch to the face. 

2 minutes ago, Certified said:

The opening court case Reeves is defending an accused child molester. Later we find out that he kills the girl testifying against him. That's who I listed as needing a punch to the face. 

I get that but all I recall from the film is what Pacino and Reeves are getting upto not what the down to earth bit is about.

3 hours ago, Hermit said:

I'm not sure I could limit it to just five an who I'd put in the top spots but given the holidays have passed but recently, I think I would definitely have Mr. Potter from It's a Wonderful Life , that greedy conniving hateful old spider is said to be miserable, but the sheer amount of misery he caused people daily 'off panel' confirmed that he was a slum lord,  fearmonger, and more who casually destroyed lives and expected you to tip your hat to him and kiss his ass or he would try to wreck you.

Did you ever see the “Lost ending of It’s a Wonderful Life” on SNL?  Dana Carvey doing his Jimmy Stewart impression and Jon Lovitz as Potter.

The entire town figures out Potter stole the bank deposit from Uncle Billy and beats the hell out of the evil old bugger.  It’s on YouTube.

58 minutes ago, Tjack said:

Did you ever see the “Lost ending of It’s a Wonderful Life” on SNL?  Dana Carvey doing his Jimmy Stewart impression and Jon Lovitz as Potter.

The entire town figures out Potter stole the bank deposit from Uncle Billy and beats the hell out of the evil old bugger.  It’s on YouTube.

I did! I think I watched i on repeat for at least 15 minutes and giggled like a school girl while clapping "Again, Again!" 

:D

I said to my wife as we watched last week that I wanted the Bank Examiner to say that he would now be heading to Potter's bank to do an audit, as that was next on his list, because you know Potter was to arrogant not to deposit that money in his own account thinking he had gotten rid of the Bailey's finally.

On 12/30/2020 at 11:51 AM, BoloOfEarth said:

My choices:

The boss guy on The Apprentice.

The businessman who shows up in Home Alone 2.

44 minutes ago, IndianaJoe3 said:

The guy who stiffed Bill Mahr in Pizza Man.

Don't forget Waldo's dad in The Little Rascals.  And that guy who took down Vince McMahon at Wrestlemania 23.

On 12/30/2020 at 12:30 AM, unclevlad said:

Another oldie...Larry Linville's Frank Burns.  Duvall's Burns, in the movie...nah, not a punch in the face.  Maybe a couple weeks in Castle Anthrax.  But Linville's...yeah.  

For Christmas my daughter asked for, and got, the complete collection of MASH on DVD, and has been binge-watching it.  She absolutely agrees about Frank Burns needing a punch in the face. 

2 hours ago, Duke Bushido said:

So...

does it say anything horrible about me that as badly as I have wanted to contribute to this thread since it went up five days ago, I still can't come up with anyone?  Fictional, I mean?

I've only come up with one person, so don't feel bad.

I'm trying to think of it as "keeping my options open".