Jump to content

Question


steph
 Share

Recommended Posts


1- I know the rule of coordinating attacks to combine stun damage. You would let a player use multiple attack maneuver to create the same effect ? Combine the stun damage from is multiple attack ?

 

2-  Did you use and track the endurance point in a heroic fantasy setting ?

 

Steph

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, steph said:

1- I know the rule of coordinating attacks to combine stun damage. You would let a player use multiple attack maneuver to create the same effect ? Combine the stun damage from is multiple attack ?

 

No. For the simple reason that there is no justification for doing so. Multiple attacks already has specific effects that are fairly complicated and trying to add in "coordinating with myself" just seems like something for nothing or a way to get around campaign maximums for AP. If a player wanted that effect I would just have them buy extra dice of the attack power with an additional RAR to represent the attack or coordination rolls. Then they have at least paid for the power.

 

1 hour ago, steph said:

2-  Did you use and track the endurance point in a heroic fantasy setting ?

Yes, I do. I also use LTE, but generally I track it rather than forcing the players to do so.

 

- E

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, eepjr24 said:

 

No. For the simple reason that there is no justification for doing so. Multiple attacks already has specific effects that are fairly complicated and trying to add in "coordinating with myself" just seems like something for nothing or a way to get around campaign maximums for AP. If a player wanted that effect I would just have them buy extra dice of the attack power with an additional RAR to represent the attack or coordination rolls. Then they have at least paid for the power.

 

Yes, I do. I also use LTE, but generally I track it rather than forcing the players to do so.

 

- E

LTE ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would not allow that for several reasons.   First and most importantly it would be unbalancing.  Second is the fact that when you coordinate you are basically hitting the person at the exact same time among other things.  When you are using a multiple attack maneuver you still make one attack after the other.  

 

As to tracking endurance in a fantasy setting that is something that I always do.  For one thing it prevents spell casters from becoming too powerful.  And it helps to create a sense of realism that seems appropriate for a fantasy setting.  
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, LoneWolf said:

 As to tracking endurance in a fantasy setting that is something that I always do.  For one thing it prevents spell casters from becoming too powerful.  And it helps to create a sense of realism that seems appropriate for a fantasy setting.  
 

 

I kind of split the difference: if casting spells is part of what you do, you have to track endurance. If you don't cast any spells, you don't have to track endurance. Everyone has to track END after getting Knocked Out.

 

I feel this encourages people to specialize rather than having every character being either a swordsman who uses spells or a thief who uses spells (which was probably more of a problem for my group than with most people's).

 

Most casters end up choosing to get couple of spells with charges or bought to 0 END so they've got something to do when END gets low (even if it's only a 0 END Running spell for when things go bad).

 

That's HUGELY all just a personal preference thing for me. Part of my fantasy as a GM is not having to make sure everyone is properly tracking their END. :D  And if everyone is slinging magic spells around, I reach a point where I'd rather be playing Champions.

 

If I'm playing fantasy, I want an elf with a bow, a dwarf with an axe, a barbarian human with a sword, and a magic-user of indeterminant origins.

 

It's okay if I wind up with a dwarf with a bow, a barbarian elf with an axe, a human with a bowie knife, and a magic-user of indeterminant origins.

 

I just don't want to wind up with superstrength spell brick, three energy projectors, and Professor X as my "fantasy" group.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 11:51 AM, steph said:


1- I know the rule of coordinating attacks to combine stun damage. You would let a player use multiple attack maneuver to create the same effect ? Combine the stun damage from is multiple attack ?

 

2-  Did you use and track the endurance point in a heroic fantasy setting ?

 

Steph

 

1) Absolutely not. Mainly because, it’s not in the rules and there’s no need to create a handwave/house rule that does this, it would be wacky bonkers unbalanced. The closest you could get would be if a bunch of summoned creatures cooperated with the mage, but just casting on its own? Nah.

 

2) Yes, because everyone is either using spells or innate abilities that operate like spells. I also use LTE because being in the Metaverse is draining.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. No, because firstly, clearly it wouldn't be simultaneous in most cases. Second, this just isn't what the rules say and I don't know why you would want to make this change.

2. Yes, most games are stupendously generous as it is, in terms of how tiring it is to fight with arms and armor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...