Superdraft: The completely unasked for "I want to be a -" fantasy (?) draft

Hermit

Institution: Library of the Neitherlands (The Magicians TV Series, Netflix)

"The Library of the Neitherlands, or simply the Library, is a multiversal archive that contains all knowledge in the multiverse. There are books about magic and books about entire lives; what has been and what will be. Travelers founded The Library and filled it with knowledge from across the universe. Librarians formed the Order of the Library of the Neitherlands, a group that guards and protects the knowledge in the Library"

This is the Library before they took control of the magic of the Wellspring.

spacer.png

10 hours ago, Cancer said:

Gah.  Gonna have to sit this one out.  I've thought about this for all of about five minutes since the announcement a few days ago, which reflects how this quarter is going to be for me.

10 hours ago, Hermit said:

That's a shame, Cancer! If the muse strikes you a few days in feel free to jump in after all

OK, I've had a meal, and some truly odious ideas have bubbled up from the cesspool of my subconscious, so I'm in.  This may eclipse some other tasteless concepts I've spewed up over the years.

Organization:  The Fellowship of the Ring  :eek:

15 minutes ago, Cancer said:

OK, I've had a meal, and some truly odious ideas have bubbled up from the cesspool of my subconscious, so I'm in.  This may eclipse some other tasteless concepts I've spewed up over the years.

Organization:  The Fellowship of the Ring  :eek:

Then I am both delighted at your inspiration... 

and perhaps a bit alarmed :)

The man behind the desk began shouting as soon as his Agent walked into the room.  Coulson, what are you doing to me?  I send you and your partner out to do a simple background check for one recruit and you bring me three!  On top of that an expense report in the tens of thousands and an after-action report that reads like a Stephen King novel.

The mild looking Agent had a pained expression as he said, It’s like this boss, we went to Sunnydale to do the background on Ms. Rosenberg so as a matter of course we attended her High School Graduation. Where all Hell broke loose...literally. That’s where I first noticed Alexander Harris. I only had him listed as Rosenberg’s best friend,but I saw this kid take charge of his classmates and fighting things out of a nightmare like an experienced line officer.  Not only that but when it broke down into hand to hand he was impressive.  Raw, but with a lot of potential. I thought he’d be an asset and offering the deal to both he and Rosenberg made the pitch much easier.

Fury resisted the urge to rub underneath his eyepatch.  “Fine, send Garrett in here. What was the name of his recruit?   Mears, Sir, Warren Mears.  John thinks he’ll be a great help to the L.M.D. Project.

HERO:  Xander Harris — Buffy the Vampire Slayer  (TV)

2 hours ago, Tjack said:

The man behind the desk began shouting as soon as his Agent walked into the room.  Coulson, what are you doing to me?  I send you and your partner out to do a simple background check for one recruit and you bring me three!  On top of that an expense report in the tens of thousands and an after-action report that reads like a Stephen King novel.

The mild looking Agent had a pained expression as he said, It’s like this boss, we went to Sunnydale to do the background on Ms. Rosenberg so as a matter of course we attended her High School Graduation. Where all Hell broke loose...literally. That’s where I first noticed Alexander Harris. I only had him listed as Rosenberg’s best friend,but I saw this kid take charge of his classmates fighting things out of a nightmare like an experienced line officer.  Not only that but when it broke down into hand to hand he was impressive.  Raw, but with a lot of potential. I thought he’d be an asset and offering the deal to both he and Rosenberg made the pitch much easier.

Fury resisted the urge to rub underneath his eyepatch.  “Fine, send Garrett in here. What was the name of his recruit?   Mears, Sir, Warren Mears.  John thinks he’ll be a great help to the L.M.D. Project.

HERO:  Xander Harris — Buffy the Vampire Slayer  (TV)

Given Xander's Eye Patch days in later seasons, I think this is great :)