The 2021 Superdraft Thread

Pariah

• 3 months later...

All right, folks. Is there any interest in participating in a Superdraft for September? I have the following ideas:

* The Back-To-School Superdraft

* The Battle Royale Superdraft

* The Genre Shift Superdraft

Who's interested? And in what?

32 minutes ago, Pariah said:

All right, folks. Is there any interest in participating in a Superdraft for September? I have the following ideas:

* The Back-To-School Superdraft

* The Battle Royale Superdraft

* The Genre Shift Superdraft

Who's interested? And in what?

I'm interested. What would each of these entail?

The Back-To-School Superdraft: the Xavier Institute, Hogwarts, Starfleet Academy, something like that. Choose or create a school and fill it with students, staff, whatever.

The Battle Royale Superdraft: Based loosely on the Avengers Arena storyline, wherein Arcade kidnapped a bunch of teenage superheroes and put them into a fight-to-the-death scenario. Arcade said he got the idea from a couple of books he read in prison.

The Genre Shift Superdraft: One possible example, draft a bunch of heroes from the Old West, and put them in a story set in Imperial Rome.

It's still 10 days away, I may have other inspirations between now and then.

Okay, so that's one for Battle Royale and one for Back to school. Clearly, I need to start prepping the Genre Shift Superdraft. :nya:

No, seriously, though, what are people interested in? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Frye?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I ultimately decided to go with Back To School because it involved the least preparation on my part. Maye I'll run the Battle Royale thing sometime next year.

Anyhoo, the draft starts Tuesday, September 7th at noon EDT. Hope to see you there!

• 2 weeks later...

Just throwing this out there.

Would anyone be interested in a derivation on the World Creation Superdraft in which we use a country instead of a World ?

It would be fantasy based.

You would pick a geographic feature, a town/city, people who live in the country, something about the country that makes it unique  etc.

The main pick would be an important person and their position in the country such as king, emperor, priest, wizard etc. You would also pick an achievement they accomplished and a secret that threatens them

Thinking of November or December if people interested.

2 hours ago, death tribble said:

Would anyone be interested in a derivation on the World Creation Superdraft in which we use a country instead of a World ?

You would pick a geographic feature, a town/city, people who live in the country, something about the country that makes it unique  etc.

The main pick would be an important person and their position in the country such as king, emperor, priest, wizard etc. You would also pick an achievement they accomplished and a secret that threatens them

simpsons-i-wish-to-subscribe-to-your-new

2 hours ago, death tribble said:

I don't see why not. If you put the draft on the FH board, please announce it. I don't use that board at all

CES