How do superhumans launder money?

AlgaeNymph

Why would a superhero have to deposit conjured or transmuted cash? Superheroes are supposed to be the best of us, to stand for principles. Even the rich ones came by their money honestly. To be sure there are supers, like Lady Blue, who exist in a grey zone, breaking laws but still doing some good along the way; but they aren't heroes.

6 hours ago, AlgaeNymph said:

However, where would a superhero deposit lots of conjured/transmuted cash?  Can't imagine anyplace overt since the Secret Service, which already doesn't like superhumans, would look askance at any (understandably) alleged counterfeiter.

They wouldn't be an alleged counterfeiter.  Most nation-states are pretty strict about who is allowed to *make* cash.  If someone conjured or duplicated or wished cash into existence, they would have made legal tender without permission, which is the definition of counterfeiting.

It is likely more legal to make precious metals or jewels and sell them as long as they are permanent.  If you sell someone a lump of gold that turns into cottage cheese at midnight, that's fraud but if it stays gold forever then you might be OK.

As it isn't possible to economically make precious metals now there aren't a lot of laws surrounding it, although making too much will threaten supply/demand.  In the real-world lab-grown diamonds are causing a lot of headaches for diamond merchants.  I suspect that with the level of super-law in the Champions Universe this likely is covered by statute but I don't think we have anything official about it.

18 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Why would a superhero have to deposit conjured or transmuted cash? Superheroes are supposed to be the best of us, to stand for principles. Even the rich ones came by their money honestly.

I suppose there are several better options than chorework.

13 hours ago, Jhamin said:

It is likely more legal to make precious metals or jewels and sell them as long as they are permanent.

Certainly an idea I had.  Of course, it's not something I can do en-masse.

18 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

To be sure there are supers, like Lady Blue, who exist in a grey zone, breaking laws but still doing some good along the way; but they aren't heroes.

Hm?  Isn't doing good what makes one a hero in the first place?