The Alphabet Squad

Mr. R

9 hours ago, Sundog said:

With Belle, while the French language aspect is great, why not use somewhere else it's spoken? She could be Angolan, Haitian or New Caledonian. Or Vietnamese.

(Come to that, I like Vietnamese. Good reason for her to have other languages and not perhaps what would be expected by someone being pursued by a P.I.)

If you want her "closer to home" (so to speak, as most of us are United States people), why not make her Qubecian (French Canada)?

So I started stating the members.  This is going to take some time.

Quick summary so far:

Angel:  Fernando Riley (Spanish mother, Irish father) Aeronautical engineer for Until.  Developed a flight suit.  Has Basic agent training, Tech and PFU training.

Belle:  Need Female Vietnamese name.  Very (int 25) smart.  And very curious.  Interested in criminology, so took classes/ trained herself.  Went into Until for the challenge.  Basic Agent and C&S!  And wow, skill monkeys are expensive.

Caterwaul:  Country of origin?  Basically like Banzai from the old Villains International.  Lots of Martial arts and a Scream based MP

Delta of Venus:  Country of origin?  Seems like a one trick pony, but actually ramped out.  Emotion control MP with MC, Mental Entangle, Ego Attack.  I figure undercover as an Emotion Controller (LOVE) would be great in a seductive / persuasive set.  

SO any suggestions?  

3 hours ago, Sundog said:

Delta of Venus sounds vaguely Greek to me. Angelina Metsiopis as a name?

For Belle, Mai Nguyen?

Caterwaul - I might suggest going against type and making them Scots.

I like Belle's and Delta's.

But I already have a Scotsman (X-Factor), so lets find another area!

Please bear in mind that Caterwaul's sonic scream is not his only superpower.  He possesses a cat's strength and agility (able to leap five times his height and walk on a ledge no bigger than half an inch), a cat's visual acuity (able to see in the dark), a cat's hearing and sense of smell, and a cat's speed and reflexes.  Thankfully he does not possess a cat's need to sleep for most of the day, nor does he have an intense craving for lasagna. :snicker:

As for his nationality, perhaps he could be a Canadian of Scots descent.

Hope that helps.

Update:

Changed Caterwaul so he was more cat like, added the enhanced senses and stats.  Made him Canadian of Scottish origin (Probably from Nova Scotia)

Delta of Venus made more of a seductrice (Skill persuasion, seduction, inter).  Added to Pre.  Gave her skills in the Espionage section.  MP with an Emotion MC, Mental Ent and Ego Attack (It's PURE BLISS)

Elinor-  I am thinking Black South African.  Str 60, defenses about 25 (15 resist) Dam red., Regen.  Basically your classic Brick!

Freefire-  Lots of Running, MP with EB Line (only along run path -1/2?) and a regular EB.  Any other suggestions?  Also country of Origin?

Gunslinger-  I am thinking of doing a CoH treatment with TP and pistols with variable loads (EB, Flash, RKA, 2X KB, Ent)

Hellstorm-  I am thinking a Human torch type as the team can use another flyer!

As an alternative to giving you a whole Character sheet (which HD won't let me do right now) I propose that I give you a synopsis of the toons, how I see them and what powers / skills/ equipment and Disads I would give them.  I'll start with 

Fernado O'Riley

CN: Angel

Spanish mother, Irish father (Speaks Spanish and English)

Loved to fly, enamoured of flying without an aircraft.

Has degrees in Aeronautics, and Composite Engineering

Joined Until to get to their PFU

Developed his own flight suit that in some ways is more advanced than PFU

Asked to join Alphabet Squad as their resident tech head

Str 15

Dex 21

Con 20

Int 18

Ego 12

Pre 15

PD/ED 8/8

Spd 5

Basic Until agent package, Tech package and PFU package

Martial arts MS, MB, MD, MT, PD, PS

12/12 Armour

Standard Until helmet equipment

Life Support breathing

MP

1) Fly 15" 1/2 end  X4 NCM

2) Glide 30"

MP (each slot 16 charges

1) 10d6 EB 

2) 8d6 EB AoE Line

3) 5d6 Entangle

4) 8d6 EB Accurate

Standard Until Disads

Hunted by Viper

Watched by Until

Loyal to Until

Subject to Orders

PLUS

Overconfident

Fascinated by Tech

I am thinking that so:

Angel  Spanish - Irish

Belle Vietnamese

Caterwaul  Canadian of Scot ancestery

Delta  India (Hindu)  {it is the home of the Kama Sutra}

Elinor South Africa

Freefire  Argentina

Gunslinger  Japanese

Hellfire (?)

Mr Immediate (?)

OH and I seemed to have somehow fixed my HD problem, so genuine Character sheet 

Mr. Immediate is from Norway--specifically the town of Hammerfest, in the far north.  Unable to tolerate the persistent cold weather, he wished fervently he could be in Hawaii, or someplace else warn and sunny.  One day, he got his wish--and found himself on a warm, sunny beach.  Soon he was visiting places all over the world--and then UNTIL found him and recruited him for the Alphabet Squad.  As he had always been a good person with no desire to break the law in a major way, he agreed.

Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, wcw43921 said:

Mr. Immediate is from Norway--specifically the town of Hammerfest, in the far north.  Unable to tolerate the persistent cold weather, he wished fervently he could be in Hawaii, or someplace else warn and sunny.  One day, he got his wish--and found himself on a warm, sunny beach.  Soon he was visiting places all over the world--and then UNTIL found him and recruited him for the Alphabet Squad.  As he had always been a good person with no desire to break the law in a major way, he agreed.

Hope that helps.

Done!

Hellfire maybe Mexico (Volcanos)  

I am thinking a very classic fire blaster (Human Torch / JLA Fire) type.

Fly / FF / Force wall  and a MP with EB, EB Exp., EB NND, 

59 minutes ago, Mr. R said:

On 2/15/2021 at 5:11 PM, Mr. R said:

Hellfire (?)

59 minutes ago, Mr. R said:

Hellfire maybe Mexico (Volcanos)  

I am thinking a very classic fire blaster (Human Torch / JLA Fire) type.

Fly / FF / Force wall  and a MP with EB, EB Exp., EB NND, 

It's Hellstorm

So I am almost ready to start posting my Interpretations.  Be advised that the points for some are going to be pretty high for agent types, because, as Mr. Bennie put it, uber menchs are expensive.  Lots of skills means lots of points.

Also all are trained agent or received agent training after the fact.  Until KS package (13 pts), PS Until Agent (3 pts), Fringe Benefits (8 pts), and basic MA (15-18 pts) all total 39 pts minimum.  Then I add to that.  Please feel free to correct me or give advice.  Constructive criticism welcome and appreciated!