Best Headstone Ever!

KA.

I'll admit to being weird. But I've never understood the cultural obsession with grave sites, headstones, and going to visit someone's grave.

I'd kind of like to come up with something cool to put on my headstone which would make people in the future react when they saw it. "My other grave is a Cadillac" or something.

But then I think about the expense and how much land would be permanently set aside from all other uses forever. And then I start to think about the amount of land needed to be set aside to bury 7 billion people and start thinking about how fast the world population is growing...

Yeah, cremation. And if someone chooses to scatter my ashes and they just happen to spontaneously form words as they scatter into the wind, that'd be cool too.

3 hours ago, archer said:

I'll admit to being weird. But I've never understood the cultural obsession with grave sites, headstones, and going to visit someone's grave.

I'd kind of like to come up with something cool to put on my headstone which would make people in the future react when they saw it. "My other grave is a Cadillac" or something.

But then I think about the expense and how much land would be permanently set aside from all other uses forever. And then I start to think about the amount of land needed to be set aside to bury 7 billion people and start thinking about how fast the world population is growing...

Yeah, cremation. And if someone chooses to scatter my ashes and they just happen to spontaneously form words as they scatter into the wind, that'd be cool too.

Perhaps so, but to borrow from Joni Mitchell, the version I most remember....

Well, don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you got 'til it's gone
They paved paradise to put up a parking lot

Cemeteries are at least green space.