Jump to content

What is a food you hate, but everyone else seems to love?


Starlord
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, GM Joe said:

I couldn't stand beer until I found ale. Now, I can't stand. (Badum-pah!)

 

Every type of shellfish I've ever tried has made me gag. I do like fresh-caught fish, but most of the stuff I've tried in restaurants has a funny taste to it, so I avoid that stuff. High quality sushi can be quite good, though.

 

And I've never enjoyed coffee or coffee-flavored products.


While for me, having to give up coffee (due to heart problems) is one of the great screaming unfairnesses of my life. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Tjack said:

While for me, having to give up coffee (due to heart problems) is one of the great screaming unfairnesses of my life. 

 

That sucks! Giving up caffeine due to health problems was painful, and I still miss it sometimes. But I never enjoyed the taste of soda pop or tea as much as most coffee lovers seem to enjoy coffee, so I know I got off easy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

   Going through caffeine withdrawal is much easier when you’re in the Intensive Care Unit and wasting away again in Margaritaville on Demerol.  It’s being told afterwards that you can’t have any anymore that’s a b1+ch.

   Nowadays I watch Dunkin Donuts commercials like they’re porn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Pariah said:

 

 

KFC: I remember Kentucky Fried Chicken being better than KFC seems to be now. Something about the taste just seems ... I don't know, off somehow. The fact that the refugees from evolution who staff the local franchises have screwed up our order the last several times we've gone probably doesn't help, either. 

 

 

The chicken tastes about the same to me. I can't eat as much as I used to because I can't tolerate the grease, but the flavor is much the same.

 

The coleslaw is notably less sweet than it used to be. And it used to be the best thing on the menu. They either greatly reduced the amount of sugar in it or changed over to a non-sugar sweetener.

 

There's also been a notable drop-off in quality of the other side dishes but it's most obvious with the coleslaw.

====

 

I can't stand coffee and I don't drink alcoholic beverages.

 

I gave up sodas completely for 15+ years but now have started drinking them infrequently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, archer said:

 

The chicken tastes about the same to me. I can't eat as much as I used to because I can't tolerate the grease, but the flavor is much the same.

 

The coleslaw is notably less sweet than it used to be. And it used to be the best thing on the menu. They either greatly reduced the amount of sugar in it or changed over to a non-sugar sweetener.


    Sometime ago when they had to start providing the nutritional info on their products, they decided to tinker with the recipe of the chicken to reduce the amount of salt. (one of the 11 herbs & spices)  While I don’t eat the coleslaw, I’d be willing to bet they did the same thing about the sugar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Hugh Neilson said:

Didn't the Colonel lose favour with KFC when he described the new mashed potatoes as "wallpaper paste"?

 

The current mashed potatoes couldn't even be described as that. It's basically 1970s-style instant potato flakes barely moistened by some hot water. The gravy has more texture.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

   Hasn’t Harlan Sanders been dead since the early ‘80’s?  And kind of well.......“We don’t give grandpa the tv remote.” before that?   He may not have liked anything but his afternoon custard.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Tjack said:

   Hasn’t Harlan Sanders been dead since the early ‘80’s?  And kind of well.......“We don’t give grandpa the tv remote.” before that?   He may not have liked anything but his afternoon custard.

 

I think so, but I remember the "dipped in wallboard" quote in grad school circa 1980.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Cancer said:

My comment about the dorm kitchen in Austin: "They only have two seasonings, and those are salt and black pepper.  To make up for that they use lots and lots of both."

 

This is an almost perfect description of my Dad's cooking when I was young. Fortunately, he got a lot better over the years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not certain whether I mentioned this earlier or not, but Mountain Dew. If you ever see me drinking Mountain Dew of any variety, you should assume that I have been abducted and replaced with a clone, alien, robot, or LMD. Call S.H.I.E.L.D. if this happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dislike any bagel that involves onion. That includes the ubiquitous Everything bagel.

 

The grocery store across the street from my school used to sell sun-dried tomato bagels, which I loved. But apparently I was the only one, because they discontinued them.

 

Well, they got a new baker who decided to dig up some of the old recipes and experiment with them. So when I went in one day, they had sun-dried tomato bagels again! Naturally I bought one...only to discover that she had decided to add onion to the recipe.

 

Most disappointing bagel of my life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/16/2021 at 4:53 PM, GM Joe said:

 

That sucks! Giving up caffeine due to health problems was painful, and I still miss it sometimes. But I never enjoyed the taste of soda pop or tea as much as most coffee lovers seem to enjoy coffee, so I know I got off easy.

 

I am considering just going to a bus terminal somewhere and picking out a healthy-looking person and harvesting my own donor organ; that's how much I miss coffee....

 

On 9/16/2021 at 6:55 PM, Tjack said:

   Going through caffeine withdrawal is much easier when you’re in the Intensive Care Unit and wasting away again in Margaritaville on Demerol.  It’s being told afterwards that you can’t have any anymore that’s a b1+ch.

   Nowadays I watch Dunkin Donuts commercials like they’re porn.

 

 

Yep.  

 

Not Starsucks, though.  That's the absolute nastiest coffee I have ever had; I don't miss that a bit.  I miss all other coffee though. 

 

I was told two things about coffee by my doctor:

 

Stop drinking it.

 

Normal people do not drink three pots a day.

 

It was my favorite hot drink; it was my favorite cold drink.   

 

I'm going to go somewhere and be all maudlin for a while.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Tjack said:


   Do you still get the gravy?   That’s the best part!

 

It's only good if you like getting a week's supply of salt in each teaspoon of the gravy.  My personal favorite would be to forgo the salt and get flavor from other more natural methods. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...