What is a food you hate, but everyone else seems to love?

Starlord

3 hours ago, Asperion said:

It's only good if you like getting a week's supply of salt in each teaspoon of the gravy.  My personal favorite would be to forgo the salt and get flavor from other more natural methods

Wait, are we still talking about KFC?

On 9/18/2021 at 10:55 AM, Asperion said:

It's only good if you like getting a week's supply of salt in each teaspoon of the gravy.  My personal favorite would be to forgo the salt and get flavor from other more natural methods. 

To much salt/sugar is a pretty common failing of any fast food.  “Natural methods” get into the realm of personal taste and preference (too much pepper, not enough thyme, etc) and it’s easier and cheaper to please the most people for the least money to go the other way. 

The only real answer is to go to better restaurants or have homemade.   Neither solution works at the mall food court.  Such is life.

I cannot bear Eggs on their own -- they are only acceptable as an ingredient because of the texture. Pancakes have eggs in them, but also lots of other good stuff, so I like pancakes and waffles. But an omlette is right out.

I am grateful that I can swap eggs for other things on Grand Slams and the like. 

4 minutes ago, death tribble said:

While we are at. What is the point of Pretzels ?

3 minutes ago, Logan.1179 said:

Small, crunchy ones or big, soft ones?

Big, soft pretzels are yummy but essentially bread in a cute design. Small, crunchy ones make for a good chips/crisps substitute that works better with peanut butter or Nutella than other chips/crisps.

Okay, pretzels I get, but my question is this: what's the deal with using pretzel-like bread for burgers and sandwiches?  Depending on how it's baked, it ends up being either too crispy or chewy for my taste. Frankly, a burger on a pretzel bun is almost more trouble than it's worth to eat.

56 minutes ago, Pariah said:

Okay, pretzels I get, but my question is this: what's the deal with using pretzel-like bread for burgers and sandwiches?  Depending on how it's baked, it ends up being either too crispy or chewy for my taste. Frankly, a burger on a pretzel bun is almost more trouble than it's worth to eat.

I suspect that pretzel buns on burgers are there to make the burgers look photogenic. Edibility isn't necessarily a concern.

21 hours ago, Pariah said:

Wait, are we still talking about KFC?

KFC has only one spice  - salt.  Those other spices that I referred to was when I am making something at home.  While there are quick service restaurants in the town that I live in,  I dislike all of them and only go to the restaurants that are owned locally,  if any at all. 

I'm pretty sure KFC has pepper and MSG as well as salt, but salt is the main one.

The other 8 thingies are inconsequential.

(Merged responses... The following is the second.)

The small city (Toowoomba) where I live has a remarkable selection of food alternatives.

In fact, the fact that it has alleyway cafes and street art has led to it being (sarcastically) dubbed "the Melbourne of Queensland". Melbourne poses as the "culture" capital of Australia. Toowoomba is also sometimes dubbed "the buckle of the (Australian) bible belt".

Indian curries for lunch at work? Heck yes, although I prefer Thai. I work in a suburb, rather than the centre of town, so my choices are limited.