SUPERDRAFT VOTE! on "I want to be a ....?" Fantasy Draft!

Hermit

The "I want to be a ....." Fantasy Draft Vote  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Read the thread then Pick your three favorite submissions (Multiple votes allowed) (No more than three please)

• Academy of the S.H.I.E.L.D.
    • Beg, Borrow or Steal
    • The Drakh Never Bothered Me Anyway
    • Father Knows Best!
    • Ghostbusters Multidimensional
    • Library Patrol!
    • Revenge of the Jedi, or, The Cruel Tutelage of Arya Stark
    • The Squirrel, The Stinson and The Wiccan
    • THE TRAVESTY OF THE RING
    • Witches in Black

This poll is closed to new votes

With FIFTEEN votes come in, which is no small thing compared to some past drafts I've run, we close the polls and declare our winners!

First though, let me thank everyone who voted! A draft can live and die on interest, and speaking as someone who has participated in the past with my own entries, it can be very disheartening to find a lack of interest. But you guys took the time to take a peek, and give a good solid 'atta boy/gal'  aka votes to your favs! So thanks!

Another great sign is that every person who took part of the draft got at least one vote! That's not to zero votes means you were terrible, Sometimes it means you were just the fourth person someone would vote on when they only got three votes to spread around. But in this case, everyone's ideas appealed to someone. A big round of applause to every contestants. I can honestly say I got a kick out of each entry , though each for different reasons.

By now some of your eyes are glazing over as you wait for the announcements of our winners....

The Bronze medal of Mighty Third place goes to Bazza, for The Squirrel, The Stinson and The Wiccan.

Amazons are often a big hit with the crowds here. As is Lovecraft! Naturally, Bazza decided they were the two great flavors that taste great together. And it got him four votes! 

The Silver Medals of Spectacular Second goes to two, for we have a tie. At Six Votes each, we have THE TRAVESTY OF THE RING by Cancer! For a time it seemed Cancer's creation was going to rise to the top spot, floating on a flood of tolkien purist fans outrage! As his protagonist might say "Most Excellent!" , but then gaining rapidly came Old Man's Revenge of the Jedi, or, The Cruel Tutelage of Arya Stark .  And if Uncle Iroh can't keep  Arya Stark on the light side of the force for her Jedi training? Well, who can ? So each gets one silver medal to hold proudly high.

But there is only ONE Gold of Glory! At a mighty NINE votes, newcomer TJACK's performance takes the grand prize with a mix of fun selection, fiction, and effort well applied to gather Whedon related choices! It paid off, and Academy of the S.H.I.E.L.D.   triumphs today! So Tjack gets first place, the fictional gold medal, and the adoration of at least 25 Canadian Girlfriends who are at least as real as the gold medal.

Congrats to our winners! I hope you enjoyed this at least a little, and I hope some of you join in for the next superdraft whatever it maybe!

I have a girlfriend....She’s not from around here, so you wouldn’t know her...She’s from Canada!   I actually have TWENTY-FIVE girlfriends....and they all look like Cobie Smulders.  Yeah, that’s the ticket!

Thank you whoever voted for me.  The rest of you can go pound sand.

If anybody is interested, I was convinced to do some writing on this site under “Veteran of the Fannish Wars” on the Non-Gaming Discussion thread.  It’s a true story that some people found funny.

On 1/29/2021 at 7:15 PM, Lawnmower Boy said:

I is voted in spite of distressing lack of bribes.

The next time I go fishing for corrupt bargains around here, I'm going to have to be a lot more explicit. Maybe something along the lines of

>>>>>PAY ME LARGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY TO CHANGE MY VOTE!!!!<<<?

Yeah. Can't think of a flaw in this plan.