The All Star Freedom Fighter Invasion for Justice Draft

csyphrett

The All Star Freedom League Draft

In this draft, Franklin Delano Roosevelt has ordered every superhuman in America to form into one group, the All Star Squadron. This group is instrumental to invading Europe and Japanese waters. Participating drafters have to put together mixed teams from that era to attack designated targets in front of the Allied forces.

The draft pool will consist of any hero active during the war such as Captain America, Nick Fury, the Shield, and Samson, any hero who had served during the war but was retconned into not serving such as Superman, Captain Marvel, Batman and Robin, and Aquaman, and any hero created with a back story of serving in the war such as the second Firebrand, Jenny Sparks, or the Gentleman can be picked. Additionally certain heroes with a long individual history such as Immortal Man, Wolverine, Jason Blood, and Zealot can be picked.

The same guidelines apply for the villains.

The first pick of the draft should be the home base of your team. This is where they assemble to do their battling against the forces of evil.

The last pick of the draft should be the destination of the team's invasion. A reason for that spot would be good but is optional.

Your team which has to be picked after the home base and before the final destination must be made up of these elements:

1) A Brick

2) A Blaster

3) A Magician/Psychic

4) A Shapeshifter

5) A Detective

6) A Speedster

7) A Patriot

One Master Villain/organization to fight the invasion.

And three options of choice as long as they fit in the era.

Draft Note: I know everyone likes to use time travelers when they can but only two are available as era appropriate: Per Degaton and the Doctor. Whomever can grab either one of these picks get the only time travelers allowed.  

The Draft will start monday, February 8th, at high noon Eastern Standard Time 

The first pick of the draft should be the home base of your team. This is where they assemble to do their battling against the forces of evil.

Your team which has to be picked after the home base and before the final destination must be made up of these elements:

1) A Brick

2) A Blaster

3) A Magician/Psychic

4) A Shapeshifter

5) A Detective

6) A Speedster

7) A Patriot

One Master Villain/organization to fight the invasion.

And three options of choice as long as they fit in the era.

The last pick of the draft should be the destination of the team's invasion. A reason for that spot would be good but is optional.

Just got a question and i want to put the answer out there for you guys. All Eternals (Ikaris, Pixie, Sersi) and Deviants (Kro) who were not born after the war are eligible to be drafted in one of the slots. Makkari has been established as the hero Hurricane through retcons.

So if you are picking someone like Sersi, you look at the slot that fits the ability you want to showcase the most which is blaster or magician or brick and put her in that slot.

CES 

6 hours ago, Sociotard said:

Are real people permitted? Could I draft alister Crawley as my psychic?

I guess if you want an 80 year old fraud on your team

CES

3 hours ago, Tjack said:

All the lists I’m trying to put together in my head are either Pulp characters that don’t quite fit the timeline or just look like a carbon copy of something Marvel or DC already did. 

Doc Savage, the Shadow and the Spider all ran into the late forties, early fifties. Check the publication dates. most of these characters are detectives

CES

41 minutes ago, csyphrett said:

I guess if you want an 80 year old fraud on your team

CES

Doc Savage, the Shadow and the Spider all ran into the late forties, early fifties. Check the publication dates. most of these characters are detectives

CES

Doc Savage and Lamont Cranston (Or Kent Allard if you prefer) are exactly who I was thinking of. They may be legal as far as things go, but they feel more like another era to me.  I don’t begrudge anyone else from using them, but unless I were going to build an “Over the hill gang” kind of thing it wasn’t where I would want to go.

And if I did it would end up looking like the group of pulp characters Doc Brass gathered in the pages of Planetary.

I may be too close to the subject matter to have any fun with it.

On 2/2/2021 at 2:49 AM, csyphrett said:

To fight the Axis in the Pacific, we will need to be mobile, global, and hostile! We shall break the back of Imperial Japan Island by Island, we cannot afford to stay put if we hope to liberate the Ocean and bring the war to the shores of the Land of the Rising Sun! They started this fight, but we shall finish the war!

Home Base: The Hawksub! (From Blackhawk comics)

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Hawksub?file=Hawksub_001.JPG

So six of us are starting with two of us holding American spots with Log Man picking Washington, and my pick of Pearl Harbor. Hermit picked the Blackhawk sub as a mobile base. Pariah picked Brighton and Hove which I think is an English naval base. Psybolt grabbed all of North Africa. Old Man picks Zurich, Switzerland as his base which is not exactly an Allied strongpoint.

Today is the day to start putting the teams and options together in one hour and forty five minutes

CES    

The general took a long drag from his cigarette, looked down at the paper once again, and shook his head. "You've got to be kidding."

"No, sir."

"He's just a kid."

"He walked out of a German prison camp. They couldn't stop him."

"And you think that'll make him an effective recruit?"

"He has the power. And I can't help but think he has the drive."

"Even if I were convinced, We have no idea where he is now."

"Leave that to me. I can find him. With your permission, General."

Another long drag. "Very well. Go get him."

Blaster: Magneto

0785126406.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

"Sir, we're still under water.. if you open that hatch, water will flow in?"

"And this is a problem HOW?" The bare chested man asked

"We'll all drown because unlike you we can't breathe under water?" 

"Sounds like a surface world problem,  I am the Avenging son, I wish to get to avenging!" The wing footed prince then sighed "Fine, get me to the surface, I'll leap out from there. Be quick about it."

"Yes, sir be a few minutes sir"

The pointy eared man strode off while the sub prepared to find a safe place to lift. Sure they could have opened just a compartment, but that had it's own procedure and troubles. 

"Prince of a guy, huh?"  It was easier to be sarcastic once the fellow was out of ear shot.

"Just be glad he's on our side. Jerk or not, we need him. He's here to help us win a war, not to be loved"

"Well, in that case he's sure with the right crew"

Brick Pick: The Sub Mariner, Namor 

Marvel_Mystery_Comics_4.png

13 minutes ago, Pariah said:

I had given serious consideration to using him as my (aquatic) speedster pick. Alas.

Also, I LOVE the new avatar.

Ah, I should have gone with Speedster ;) Oh well. I have someone for that (Crosses fingers against snipping)

As for the Avatar, Thanks! I was feeling patriotic  in a tongue in cheek way

And Magneto as a kid recruit? Great Pathos