Looking for Champions 6e players

Greg001

Is anyone a Champions 6e player that lives in central Arkansas?  I am looking to connect with people nearby to communicate with about Champions and take part in adventures.  Online is good for now, but I am hoping to connect with people who my son and I can play adventures with in person eventually.  I use to play the original Champions when I was a teen and am now introducing my teenage son to Champions 6e.  We are kind of stumbling along with it by ourselves.  I am the GM for him and me, and we would like to get others involved.

48 minutes ago, Greg001 said:

Am I understanding correctly that this would be an adventure comprised of teen agers?

Usually that would mean beginning heroes built on less points than standard, typically 300, that are in fact usually teenagers. That of course does not mean that YOU need to be a teenager to play.

• 2 weeks later...

Barton,

You invited me from another thread (my intro).  I'm flattered and intere4sted, but I don't think I count as a newbie per se.  GMed for many years although that was 8-10 years ago by now.  Looking at the Champions Complete book, not that mnuch has changed from my day except the removal of "figured characteristics" (which I can see the reasoning behind). 

I live in Virginia so my presence would have to be virtual in any case.

If you do decide you'd like me to join, like if you need warm bodies, let me know and I will weigh in regarding playtime scheduling.  If not, thanks for the offer and have a great campaign!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry all that I had been away from this thread for a bit.  Had some unexpected medical stuff come up.  

Unfortunatly Tuesdays are out for Me and my son right now due to school and work.  Friday nights, and Saturday afternoons are best.  Beast, I have put feelers out on a few platforms (here and a couple pages on facebook).  I am hoping to get some in-person gaming soon as it looks like covid restrictions are losening or nearing the end. 

For right now I am about to start some training sessions with my son.  I am basing the training on short combative scenerios in a halographic room.  It is akin to the X-Men's Danger Room.  We will start off with lower level thugs (common muggers, gang members, etc.) so my son can get use to the process of combat (dice rolling, phases, etc.).  We shall work our way up to more difficult challenges such as henchmen, lower level bad guys, and progressing through more challanging villians and super villian teams.  This will get him more adept to the Hero system of play and allow me to get back into the feel of being a GM again.  That way when we do get some people together for adventures we are a bit more proficent. 

• 2 months later...

When you say newbie to Champions, does someone who last played 4e 20+ years ago and hasn't really had a chance to play 6e yet count? The most I've done with 6e was play a quick 2 hour one shot to get used to it again, and I only really got to act in 2 phases during that. 

*Edit - Ah, I see you're looking for in person gaming going forward. As much as I'm sure you'll put on a great game, a several thousand mile flight from Scotland to Arkansas is probably out of the question.*