Looking For A Game

Kryptoknight

1 hour ago, Tom Cowan said:

Hi Tom. 

I have and may do so yet. Was testing out the waters on this forum first.  Thought the fantasy folk may congregate here more so than on that forum. 

Seriously, thanks for the reply. Wasn’t sure this was posting or not. 

I have a game brewing, but it will likely not happen for a few months. If you are interested in working on a character that is an option if you want. FYI, most of the players will come from an existing DND 5e game, some have played a version of Hero before (an MHI campaign I ran), others not. 

- E

Hi White Rabbit,

Thanks for the advice.  I may indeed be up for creating a character.  Also, if you're game, would you be game for extending the offer you made to Scott to me?  Like you, I've been world building last few months trying to set up a game and I think I'm almost ready.  Nothing long term if not interested, just need some experience with Hero and TTS as player and GM.  

19 hours ago, Kryptoknight said:

Hi White Rabbit,

Thanks for the advice.  I may indeed be up for creating a character.  Also, if you're game, would you be game for extending the offer you made to Scott to me?  Like you, I've been world building last few months trying to set up a game and I think I'm almost ready.  Nothing long term if not interested, just need some experience with Hero and TTS as player and GM.  

Sent you a message.

- E

It's a bit of an interesting detail for me. I am an "empath", meaning I can sense other people's emotions and thoughts. It is a spiritual ability. The predominant energy vibration on Roll20 is of "competition" and "hostility". If I spend more than 15 minutes on the website, the amount of pain I pick up becomes unbearable. Don't get me wrong, I love Roll20. I like their system, and was subscribed to it years ago. But it's become a place where it is just harder and harder for me to be there. At this point I am just choosing to not go there. Problem is, of course, it is very popular.

20 hours ago, MrKinister said:

It's a bit of an interesting detail for me. I am an "empath", meaning I can sense other people's emotions and thoughts. It is a spiritual ability. The predominant energy vibration on Roll20 is of "competition" and "hostility". If I spend more than 15 minutes on the website, the amount of pain I pick up becomes unbearable. Don't get me wrong, I love Roll20. I like their system, and was subscribed to it years ago. But it's become a place where it is just harder and harder for me to be there. At this point I am just choosing to not go there. Problem is, of course, it is very popular.

Interesting. Have you tried other table top simulators? 

I have. 

The issue is not with the software package itself. Roll20, when empty, is just fine. It's people's energies where I have not yet fully learned to remain at peace. And it's not that people are bad, it's just that they are in a lot of pain, and I pick that up. In smaller communities, like, say, Fantasy Grounds, which is just a program, or Play-By-Post, it is not as strong, but on occasion I may run into a person who has a lot of "heavy" energies on them (unresolved trauma, physical pains, amazing work stress, what have you) and I have to leave a game almost as fast I wanted to join it.

The problem is really mine. I am learning to get "neutral" to the energies. But, boy, they can get to be quite challenging at times.

On 2/13/2021 at 3:01 PM, eepjr24 said:

I have a game brewing, but it will likely not happen for a few months. If you are interested in working on a character that is an option if you want. FYI, most of the players will come from an existing DND 5e game, some have played a version of Hero before (an MHI campaign I ran), others not.

There is little I enjoy more than creating characters. I'd love to know what sort of game you would be creating, what your character guidelines are, etc.. I'd build a character for the game even if I couldn't play, that you could have as an NPC maybe.

With regard to gaming, My EST evenings are pretty much booked up, but I am free most days. So depending on how time zones line up, I 'might' be able to play.

You can find some sample characters I've created here.