5th Edition Revised - World-Wide Portal-based Clairsentience

Gary Ciaramella

Long time no see everyone, it has been almost a decade for me, but I am in a 5er game! I am making a girl named Portal. (yes, not a very imaginable name)

She opens 2 dimensional portals to walk through and she can do so world-wide. I want to give her the ability to open little peep holes to look through that are clairsentience-based, and I am having trouble figuring out how this is going to work. Do I use megascale? (I have permission) or do I purchase a lot of multiples in the base power description? If I use megascale, how many inches does the base perception give? Megascale gives 1" = (value) and I do not know what that value is. Can someone build this power for me so I can see how it works? I have plenty of points to play with, we are Justice League level PCs, so I should be able to afford it. I want it to have sight, hearing, and smell, since I am literally opening a hole from one place to another. Should it have feedback in case something wants to affect me through it?

Thanks in advance!

I was talking to a friend on the phone just now and we figured that even with megascale I couldn't get my POV within 1km unless the GM fudges that, so I may need to go with just a lot of levels of x2 distance, we figured that it would take 23 levels of doubling to get the entire world, or a 115 point adder. :P I can do that I guess, it will fit in the multipower, but if there is a better way, perhaps one of you will know it.

If they are literally holes in reality,  then feedback makes perfect sense for the power.  You would need something to block the negative side from crossing into your side,  and as a gm I would say that would also prevent many positive aspects,  such as the smells that you would desire. 

Others can correct me if I am wrong here but the way that I would play megascale is that it not only increases the range of the power (allowing you to hit something farther away) but will also make the target area larger.  As a result,  you will be seeing entire city blocks with your portal,  not just that one door or area.