Multiple Foci?

eepjr24

On 6e1, 380 it talks about taking an addition -1/4 when "the character definitely suffers some extra restriction or drawback beyond the standard restriction of having an Accessible Focus.". 

There does not appear to be an option for that in the foci dialog, is that correct? I am running HERO Designer 6 Build 20160704. 

If it's not supposed to be there, all is good, I'll just add a custom limitation or limited power, just want to make sure I am not missing something.

- E

The option that is presented in HD is for multiple foci where loss of one allows the power to still function (at reduced effectiveness).

The option that is being requested is for multiple foci where all foci are required for the ability to function at all (typically reflected by increasing the accessibility of the focus -- i.e. inaccessible -> accessible), where all foci are accessible, and the character suffers "some other restriction or drawback" when the foci are lost.  In those rather restricted circumstances, there is an optional rule where the GM can assign an additional -1/4 to the Limitation value.  The requirements for that optional rule to apply make it vastly more trouble than it's worth to automate (it would make Focus construction needlessly more cumbersome for EVERYONE in order to account for exceedingly rare occurrences).

If all of the conditions described apply and the GM is willing to allow it, I would suggest taking a more conventional route and using either a variant of Side Effects or Limited Power (as the OP suggested).