half die in 6th Ed

strtnewman

7 hours ago, strtnewman said:

I'm in an online game and the GM mentioned to me that there is no more half dice on blast and that it is strictly 5 pts per d6. I see the power shows that but I don't see anywhere that says you can not buy a half die. The Hero Designer still allows it for purchase. Is this true?

You cannot.  In either version and I just looked it up.

HD does not allow it either.

What you are referring to is a +1/2d6 Adder that may be purchased.

Yes, it may be splitting hairs, but a adder would allow you to "add" an additional half d6.  But not simply buy a half d6.

Pg 98 is for killing attacks? The description of killing attacks addresses that as a +1 or 1/2 die for 5 or 10 character points. But a blast +1 pip or 1/2 die is a partial DC. The Hero designer allows it to be purchased for 2 or 3 points. Where in the rules is that allowed for a blast. On pg 98 under normal damage it talks about a 1/2d6 being rolled, but where does it describe the actual purchase of a +1 pip or 1/2 die. The STR chart gets into the +1 pip or 1/2 die damages, but it doesn't say anything like that in blast. If it is an adder then it should be shown somewhere in the book or at least reference the STR chart on how points are used for the +1 pip or 1/2 die.

Capture.PNG