180 degree attack

Tech

I've got a robot that can create a bright light attack but I'm not sure how to build it. It can create a bright light which originates from it's eyes and is 180 degrees in radius up to about 30 feet out (just throwing out a number, could be shorter or longer) but no further back than its eyes, hence 180'. Probably a Flash Attack. How would you build the area attack aspect of it?

Simplest way is with GM approval. Area of Effect Radius: X meters, no range, does not affect targets behind character.

Easiest without GM approval is probably Area of Effect: Any area (Fixed shape: Half sphere), no range

Other options might be area of effect selective, area effect cone with autofire, etc.

- E

Borrow from the vehicle rules for a 180 attack. It's a robot so it makes sense to a degree. I would do no range since it comes from the eyes.

At worst do a limited power to the same.cost as the vehicles 180 and declare that ro be the limit/advantage.

Help any?

A radius of x meters costs the same as a cone up to 2x meters per side.  A cone is 1/6 the area of a radius, which suggests that dropping the half-circle to the full radius area would not be unreasonable.  It covers much more than the cone, although less than the radius. That lost area is made up by being better able to select who is targeted, especially when the attack will have no range.

14 hours ago, HeroGM said:

Borrow from the vehicle rules for a 180 attack. It's a robot so it makes sense to a degree. I would do no range since it comes from the eyes.

At worst do a limited power to the same.cost as the vehicles 180 and declare that ro be the limit/advantage.

For vehicles, a 180 degree arc of attack is a -1/4 limitation on a weapon.  But vehicles are much harder to reorient than characters.  There's a target behind the vehicle?  Have to drive it around to turn to face the target.  There's a target behind the robot?  At most it turns around, and it may only have to turn its head.