Damage Over Time with additional damage

Question

So here's the power:

Blast 3d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), AVAD (Mental Defense; NND; +1/2), Damage Over Time, Lock out (cannot be applied multiple times) (5-6 damage increments, damage occurs every Segment, +2) (56 Active Points)

Now, let's add Basic (or Quick) Shot as a ranged martial maneuver, and +1 Ranged DC.  So the net is +3 DCs.  Assuming the attack hits and is allowed to run its course:

1.  What's the damage in the initial segment?

2.  What's the damage in the following segments?

I can't find anything on this.  My feeling:  The martial DCs apply only to the first segment;  anything else feels grossly overpowered.  If the martial DCs only apply once, the Damage Over Time feels like it should NOT be considered in determining the final bonus damage.  So, I'd take only the NND aspect;  +1/2 on 3 DCs means 2d6.  So the initial damage here would be 5d6, with 3d6 each segment for the following 5 segments.

1 answer to this question

Damage Over Time is included in "Advantages That Directly Affect Damage" (6E2 pg. 98), unless the GM rules it isn't for some reason. The Damage Over Time also needs to include the Target's Defenses Only Apply Once modifier because it's an AVAD (NND) attack (per the 6E rules FAQ).

The total of "Advantages That Directly Affect Damage" is therefore +3½ instead of +2½ (or +½). The Power's Active Point cost counting only those Advantages would be 67, so each added DC translates at a rate of 22½ per 1d6 on the Damage Class Table (6E2 pg. 97) So the +3 DC from the martial maneuver translates to +½d6 being added.

Because a Damage Over Time attack is "fire and forget," (it requires no maintenance on the attacker's part, the END cost is paid when it is fired, etc.), the amount of damage it inflicts in each increment is also determined when it is initially used.  Therefore, the damage in the initial Segment would be 3½d6, and the damage in the following Segments would also be 3½d6.

Now, having said all that, I think I should also point out that this construction combines several "Caution Sign" and "GM's Permission" elements, and ends up with the character getting +1 OCV or +2 RNG, plus 11½ CP worth of added Damage Classes if they were bought separately, all for the low, low price of 4 CP for the martial maneuver. So this build definitely seems worthy of some close GM scrutiny.  :)