Secrets of the Ancients

dagredhel

By 'ancients', I mean people my own age, really.

I've spent a lot of time reading old forum posts lately.  There is a wealth of really interesting and amazing content.  I've been using the 'search' feature and then working my way through dozens or even hundreds of pages of old posts.  I've been particularly interested in conversions from other SF RPGs and original designs for cyberware and bioware, weapons, armor, battlesuits and mecha.

One problem though is dead links.  The Waybackmachine helps with some of it but not everything.

There are a couple of things referenced in multiple places that I haven't been able to find.  One is weapons conversions from GURPS Ultratech.  The other is a conversion of Cyberpunk 2020 to Hero.

Does anyone have offline copies they could post?

Thanks!

Thanks, Duke Bushido!

It's a darn shame about the Ultratech conversions.  I still remember fondly getting the GURPs book as a Christmas present 20+ years ago.  The thought behind it impressed me a lot.  It would be really cool to see some of it translated to Hero.

I've honestly gotten a little maudlin at times realizing how much fan created content is gone now.  When I was younger, I assumed anything online would be around forever.

I'm planning to share the links I did find.  It's still going to take some work.  I saved dozens of links.  But I didn't sort them or rename them.  And some of them are duplicates.  So I have to go through them first.

Hopefully, this is the right forum for SF stuff.  Some of the conversions were originally posted in the other genres forum instead.

Does anyone still have the CP2020 Hero files?

Thanks again.

On 3/31/2021 at 10:47 PM, dagredhel said:

Does anyone still have the CP2020 Hero files?

The only Cyberpunk related adaptation I know of is Shadowpunk (that is homebrew mix of Shadowrun and Cyberpunk). Just search for Shadowpunk Hero System and you should easily find the adaptation. It's for 5th edition and I believe the latast version is 0.91.

Thanks, vhoffmann. 

I think the Shadowpunk Hero Shadowrun conversion used to be hosted on starherofandom.com.  The website still exists but doesn't have a lot of the material it used to have. (https://web.archive.org/web/20080520074851/http://www.starherofandom.com/h_shadowrun/index.php)

Here is a direct link to the file you mentioned on a different site:

http://arcanearcade.com/Downloads/SHADOWPUNK_091.pdf

The author is Justin Richt.

I haven't read all of it yet but the cyberwear and bioware conversions are pretty cool.  They're a nice compliment to Kazei 5 and Metacyber.

• 3 weeks later...