[LFP] [Roll20] [Thu 19:00-21:00ish EST] Champions (Hero System 6th ed)

John Desmarais

Planning a Standard Superhero level game (400 points, 75 in Complications). Basically using the Champions Universe (with the occasional odd tidbit ‘borrowed’ from other places). For those unfamiliar with the Champions Universe It’s a kitchen-sink type of setting, heavily influenced by the comics published by ‘The Big Two’. I favor clear distinction between good and evil (very limited shades of grey), with a feel more ‘four-color’ than ‘grim-dark’.

Experience with Hero System not required - I enjoy teaching the system to new players. You can ping me here or via Discord (John Desmarais#6750) if interested or if you have questions.

I'm also interested in this game if you're still looking for players. Champions is one of my favorite systems, despite my limited experience with it. 

More importantly, what day do you intend to run your game? Availability is the biggest factor to my being able to play, aside from being selected of course, lol. 

@John Desmarais I'd like to put my name forward. 

I'm just back to TTRPGing after a long hiatus, due to having young kids and a bad experience playing online many years ago.

However, I've spent the last 6 months on D&D 5e on Roll20 and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd enjoy playing my favourite RPG, Champions, even more. 

I've been reading up on all of 6e recently, in the hope that I can convince my D&D group to give it a go, so I'm fairly familiar with the rules. 

Based in Scotland but the time difference is no problem at this end, my D&D group runs to about the same time. 

If your group is already full, best of luck with it and hope you all have a great time. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 4:15 PM, eepjr24 said:

@John Desmarais - Let me know if you are interested in trying out the Roll20 character importer. I am close to ready for general release, although there will be bugs I suspect it will still reduce the work of getting characters loaded by a factor of 10.

- E

I'd love to give it a try.  (Keying in characters into the Roll20 Hero character sheet has been nearly as much of challenge for the new players as creating their characters.)

On 5/6/2021 at 3:07 PM, Normthebarman said:

@John Desmarais I'd like to put my name forward. 

I'm just back to TTRPGing after a long hiatus, due to having young kids and a bad experience playing online many years ago.

However, I've spent the last 6 months on D&D 5e on Roll20 and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd enjoy playing my favourite RPG, Champions, even more. 

I've been reading up on all of 6e recently, in the hope that I can convince my D&D group to give it a go, so I'm fairly familiar with the rules. 

Based in Scotland but the time difference is no problem at this end, my D&D group runs to about the same time. 

If your group is already full, best of luck with it and hope you all have a great time. 

I'm full up at the moment, but if anyone drops I'll be looking for replacements.

• 2 months later...
On 5/20/2021 at 9:32 AM, eepjr24 said:

General release is now available here:

https://github.com/eepjr24/ImportHS6e

Still working on getting approval for One Click installation, it is a bit more complicated than initially expected and they only migrate once a week.

- E

I've been playing with this on and off now for, well, a couple of months now.  No luck.  Loaded the script into my Roll20 game.  I create a blank character sheet, copy/paste the .json export from HD into the GM note, assign the sheet to a toke, select the token, run it (!ImportHS6e --debug), edit, then save the sheet - but no Hero goodness in Character Sheet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John. Sorry to hear you are having difficulties. The script should be in one Click on Tuesday. It has been updated so you will need the new JSON export to go with it. If you want to send me a copy of the HD file for the character I will do an export and try it out to make sure the script itself is not getting hung up on something. I had a few bugs with odd characters in the JSON export that could be your issue as well.

Edit: I will also update my gihub with the latest .js and HD JSON export format today.

- E

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I am using the Hero System 6e Importer to bring a character from HeroDesigner into the character page. However, the api is breaking, and the character is only partially getting imported.

I would like to know if there is something wrong with the api or if there is something else going on. I have made is so that the importer is the only api on the game, and it still breaks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I dropped a request on the github for the api script as well. Not sure if it will be seen, so I decided to reach out here to see if someone else has had this same issue.

Here is the error information on the API page that was generated:

ReferenceError: pft is not defined ReferenceError: pft is not defined at createSimplePower (apiscript.js:2186:5) at apiscript.js:2502:9 at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:880:7 at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147) at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546) at Id.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:489) at Rd.Ld.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:94:425) at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:111:400 at S (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:57:1015)