Supervillain F.I.S.T.

Tech

There's a supervillain from V&V that I use called F.I.S.T. with a very nice acronym: Fighting Infantry Shock Troop. Some time ago for fun, I decided to run an episode where he had recruited more villains with similar acronyms:

F.I.S.T.  (already mentioned)

F.O.O.T.  (Fearless Overly Optimistic Trooper)

S.P.L.E.E.N.  (Super Powerful Likeable Easily Exasperated Nerd. Yeah, it's bad but at least I did it.)

E.Y.E. (Ever Youthful Egoist)

H.E.A.R.T. (Highly Explosive and Rude Trooper)

A.R.M. (A Rough Mercenary)

Yeah, I'm most likely not going to run this episode again but it was fun trying it one time.

I used to GM for a superhero team that was kind of like Suicide Squad, but not actually villains... more just less-publicity-friendly heroes who had gotten a bad rap, or had edgier personalities, etc.  It was like Suicide Squad in that they were sponsored by an off-the-books, "black op" government agency that called them in when ordinary govt. agents couldn't cut it, and they were sort of deemed expendable (or at least, disavowable). Their charter allowed them greater freedom of action, so they could take steps ordinary police or other govt. agents couldn't

They were the Proscribed-Operations Level Ten Emergency Reserve, Government-Endorsed International Superhuman Team  (P.O.L.T.E.R.G.E.I.S.T.)

2 hours ago, Tech said:

There's a supervillain from V&V that I use called F.I.S.T. with a very nice acronym: Fighting Infantry Shock Troop. Some time ago for fun, I decided to run an episode where he had recruited more villains with similar acronyms:

F.I.S.T.  (already mentioned)

F.O.O.T.  (Fearless Overly Optimistic Trooper)

S.P.L.E.E.N.  (Super Powerful Likeable Easily Exasperated Nerd. Yeah, it's bad but at least I did it.)

E.Y.E. (Ever Youthful Egoist)

H.E.A.R.T. (Highly Explosive and Rude Trooper)

A.R.M. (A Rough Mercenary)

Yeah, I'm most likely not going to run this episode again but it was fun trying it one time.

Wow! I haven't heard the villain name F.I.S.T. from Villains & Vigilantes in YEARS!!! The villain team with comparable acronyms sounded like a fun concept to use. It also reminded me of how my friend built a villain team for DC Heroes called the "O-Squad" whose roster was Bizarro, Kanjar-Ro, Sinestro, Titano, Metallo, Amazo, Despero, and Starro to take on the Justice League and Justice Society of America. 😆

36 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

[Agent Ward] "Somebody really wanted our name to spell out P.O.L.T.E.R.G.E.I.S.T." [/Agent Ward]

EXACTLY!  :D 

25 minutes ago, fdw3773 said:

my friend built a villain team for DC Heroes called the "O-Squad" whose roster was Bizarro, Kanjar-Ro, Sinestro, Titano, Metallo, Amazo, Despero, and Starro to take on the Justice League and Justice Society of America. 😆

Yowsa!  That's quite a crew!  😮 

14 hours ago, fdw3773 said:

Wow! I haven't heard the villain name F.I.S.T. from Villains & Vigilantes in YEARS!!! The villain team with comparable acronyms sounded like a fun concept to use. It also reminded me of how my friend built a villain team for DC Heroes called the "O-Squad" whose roster was Bizarro, Kanjar-Ro, Sinestro, Titano, Metallo, Amazo, Despero, and Starro to take on the Justice League and Justice Society of America. 😆

Heh.  In my Boston Champions campaign I had the A-Team.  Their main membership requirement seemed to be having a name that started with "A" - Armadillo, Ankylosaur, Airstrike, A-Bomb, Achilles, etc.  They also tried to incorporate "A"s in their operations - for instance, I printed Google Earth views of the areas where their crimes were taking place, and the players never noticed that in every case, the street layouts made giant "A"s.

Even had the intro:

“In the early 2010s, various crack supervillains were sent to prison by a federal court for crimes they probably committed.  These men recently escaped from a maximum security superprison to the New York City underground.  Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune.  If you have a problem with superheroes, if no one else can help, and if you have enough money… maybe you can hire The A-Team.”  (cue theme music)

3 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

Heh.  In my Boston Champions campaign I had the A-Team.  Their main membership requirement seemed to be having a name that started with "A" - Armadillo, Ankylosaur, Airstrike, A-Bomb, Achilles, etc. 

I had a villain organization called V.  It consisted of five teams of five villains each, all with names that started with V.

I started writing a description of them for this post, but as I was doing so, I realized it's actually a pretty cool idea, IMO.  So maybe I'll write them up as a "Hall of Champions" PDF or something instead.  😃

20 hours ago, archer said:

You could use that failed DARPA project they were working on for Marine close combat: Personal Engagement Neutralizing Infantry Systems

Finally figured out the projectile system the troops would use: Penetrating Explosive Nanotech Incendiary Sabot. 

16 minutes ago, steriaca said:

As soon as I figure out what LOSER can represent as a supervillain acronym I'll post it.

The Lust Orgasmic Sensory Emergency Reconnaissance unit was originally designed by a mad scientist to secretly spy on his teenaged daughter on her prom night and prevent her from doing anything...unfortunate, with her date. 

But it turned out that several other parents, who were also supervillains, wanted one to monitor their own teenaged kids.

From there, one of them figured out the internal sensors could be rejiggered to detect things besides rising teenaged lust and L.O.S.E.R. units started showing up on the black market retrofitted with all sorts of weaponry to complement its stealth capabilities.

19 minutes ago, steriaca said:

As soon as I figure out what LOSER can represent as a supervillain acronym I'll post it.

League Of Super Evil-doeRs

Legion Of Supreme Evil Rioters

League Of Slimy Encephalopods and Ropers (Tentacled beasts and villains like something out of a crazy anime film, led by villains inspired by Kang and Kodoss from The Simpsons 😀)

4 hours ago, Derek Hiemforth said:

I had a villain organization called V.  It consisted of five teams of five villains each, all with names that started with V.

I started writing a description of them for this post, but as I was doing so, I realized it's actually a pretty cool idea, IMO.  So maybe I'll write them up as a "Hall of Champions" PDF or something instead.  😃

I like the groupings of fives with a group called V.  Very Roman of you.  :)   Let us know if you do write that up - I'd be interested in seeing it.

On 4/23/2021 at 1:41 PM, Derek Hiemforth said:

I'd buy that