World Creation Superdraft 5: May 2021

I intend to participate as well.  This is a beastly quarter, and my time is very limited.  Nevertheless...

We declare Ourself as E'il, god of the all-encompassing Ocean.

=================

And as our contribution to Geography, E'il declares that the world is infinite in extent, and flat, with uncountably many lands on it, collectively surrounded by ocean.  (Think Earthsea here.)

25 minutes ago, Cancer said:

I

And as our contribution to Geography, E'il declares that the world is infinite in extent, and flat, with uncountably many lands on it, collectively surrounded by ocean.  (Think Earthsea here.)

Ah, we have a world to work with ! I almost missed this. Thanks!

Good luck is beneficent chaos. But we have established that for all things there is balance...

And I was almost about to break my word and give a Shape of the World as a secondary domain, because no one else was doing it. Thanks, Cancer, for taking it off my hands. Does anyone really want a world shaped by Folly?

Dean Shomshak

Timra'Keth gazed at the other gods, and she grew concerned. Chaos, Trickery, Folly, Fire, oh the harm they could do. Life meant possibility, but surely that was more that could just go wrong. One could drown in oceans. Beauty seemed too tempting to be  trusted. And Justice? Justice meant punishment. And eventually for all, debts would accrue. So much to worry about. So much to stress over- So much to fear.

Then suddenly the void was with form after all, E'il spewed forth a world of great oceans and many lands. And it was beautiful, and pristine, and seemed to go on forever.

Timra'Keth knew it for what it was. Dangerous beyond belief! One could easily plummet off the high mountains. One might drown in ocean currents. Was that a volcano? Well that was an accident just waiting to happen. Whatever beings came to be, they were in deadly danger!

And so it was, even before there were peoples, Timra'Keth decided on her role. She would protect the peoples of this new world! And what better way to protect them by scaring them and making them understand existence was terrifyingly dangerous! She would drive them to their shelters, encourage them to stay in their homes!

She would protect them... in her own special way.

Secondary Domain: Protection (Leaning towards OVER protectiveness)

2855e7e5fac0f57e37f9768733582e1e.jpg

The night owes no silence and the wild knows no debt of mercy. The villagers cried out to the idol, if only to drown out the howling horrors circling them. "Protect us Timra'Keth, oh god of fear shield us!"

And yet it was the Tallywhacker that appeared.

With two strikes of his blade he struck off the idols hands. "Remember you all, the gods have no need of hands of stone, but rather hands of muscle and blood. You have called on the obligations of the gods, and forgotten what you owe each other. Do you not owe your village labor? Take tools and build up an earthworks. Do the children not owe their parents diligence? Let them gather sling stones. Have I not taught you? Now do!"

Secondary Domain: Duty and Role Ethics

4989dd800b312553cd1f86d13a0c9e9a.jpg.8aae286800de7e1ef709116fd3fbf148.jpg

Going for a mix of Confucius and Epictetus here.

You're right, Timra'Kath, it's a beautiful world! But it needs people to appreciate it. All the fashionable worlds have people. And I know just the people to live here -- they're trending on several other worlds. Called "Humans." LET IT BE DONE! I give the world Humans! Brilliant, am I right?

Trending? You idiot, what's trending now is old hat next eon!

So they've been done before. A lot. Real artistry there, Folly.

And on a world of ocean, they can't breathe underwater. Oh, right. Bloody brilliant. You realize all the gifts we're going to have to give these Humans just to let them survive?

<Sigh> No backsies, right? We agreed those were the rules? God of Justice and Law?

Well, crap.

Tempting though it would be to give an illo drawn from current politics as the image of Human Folly, I'm not that foolish. So watch the video to Weird Al Yankovic's "Dare to be Stupid."

Dean Shomshak

1 hour ago, DShomshak said:

Good luck is beneficent chaos. But we have established that for all things there is balance...

And I was almost about to break my word and give a Shape of the World as a secondary domain, because no one else was doing it. Thanks, Cancer, for taking it off my hands. Does anyone really want a world shaped by Folly?

Dean Shomshak

Well, initially I was going to make it a torus knot, but with all the weird, looming primary domains I decided to revert to simple.

16 minutes ago, Sociotard said:

The night owes no silence and the wild knows no debt of mercy. The villagers cried out to the idol, if only to drown out the howling horrors circling them. "Protect us Timra'Keth, oh god of fear shield us!"

I should point out that most mortals aren't going to see Timra'Keth as a protector or pray to her as same thanks to her methods 

Lhash'Ka looked out over the new world with its infinite expanse of sea. She wondered over its human denizens. They were content . . but they were also stagnant.

They can be more than this.

Lhash'Ka put obstacles in their way. She sowed their fields with stones and broke up the smooth places of their world. She placed challenges before them, that they might conquer and grow. She inclined the elements against them, that they might strive and succeed. And they did.

Lhash'Ka looked on in satisfaction. Now are they made strong.

Secondary domain: Struggle.

Several people have not named their gods.

So could csyphrett, Death Tribble and L Marcus name their gods in subsequent posts

29 minutes ago, DShomshak said:

You're right, Timra'Kath, it's a beautiful world! But it needs people to appreciate it. All the fashionable worlds have people. And I know just the people to live here -- they're trending on several other worlds. Called "Humans." LET IT BE DONE! I give the world Humans! Brilliant, am I right?

Trending? You idiot, what's trending now is old hat next eon!

So they've been done before. A lot. Real artistry there, Folly.

And on a world of ocean, they can't breathe underwater. Oh, right. Bloody brilliant. You realize all the gifts we're going to have to give these Humans just to let them survive?

<Sigh> No backsies, right? We agreed those were the rules? God of Justice and Law?

Well, crap.

Tempting though it would be to give an illo drawn from current politics as the image of Human Folly, I'm not that foolish. So watch the video to Weird Al Yankovic's "Dare to be Stupid."

Dean Shomshak

Thanks for picking humans

2 hours ago, DShomshak said:

I wondered if I should have specified. I had typed 'good' but thought it sounded clunky.

2 hours ago, Hermit said:

Six siders... as is proper and holy (He said on the Hero Boards!)

Naturally!