Help Requested: Compiling Errata for Champions Complete

Prompted by finding an embarrassingly-significant mistake in Champions Complete's description of Pushing in Heroic campaigns (noted below 🤦🏼‍♂️) , I'm putting together a list of errata for CC. A few known issues are listed below; no need to report these again. But if you've noticed others, please comment below or shoot me a PM, and I'll include them in the list I'm compiling.

Known Errors:

p20: For Pushing in Heroic campaigns, the second sentence should say, "The character gains 5 CP to the ability if the EGO Roll succeeds, +1 more CP per point he makes the roll by."

p91: Should specify the value of the "Gate" Limitation for Teleport (-1/2).

p97: Area Of Effect (Line) should read: "Covers a straight line 2m wide, 2m tall, and up to 16m long. Each additional +1/4 Advantage doubles the width, the height, or the length of the Line. The target point is the center of the short edge of the Line (i.e., where the Line "begins")."

p102: Costs Endurance to Maintain can also be applied to Aid and Drain (to create Boost and Suppress), to Multiform (to make it cost END every Phase to remain in an alternate form), and to other Powers with lingering effects, including Dispel, Flash, Summon, and Transform.

p110: Mental Defense Adds to Ego can also be applied to Transforms that work against EGO.

p112: Only Works Against [Limited Type of Attack] also applies to Absorption and Reflection.

p129: Vulnerability Table. Where it says "1x damage or effect," that should be "1 1/2x damage or effect."

When reporting errors, I'm basically looking for two kinds:

1. Places where CC gets a rule wrong (such as Pushing in Heroic campaigns) or leaves out a key bit of information (such as the value of the Gate Limitation)
  2. Simple typos (such as the dropped "to" in the description of Affected As More Than One Sense on p96)

I don't mean things where you think a rule should work a different way; I only mean things where you think a rule does work a different way. 🙂

When it seems like I've collected enough (or when submissions slow down), I'll compile the list and make it available in various places (here, the Facebook Hero System group, etc.) Thanks!

4 hours ago, Chris Goodwin said:

I don't know if this counts as errata, but in CC ("The Madder I Get, The Stronger I Get!" on p. 211) the Increased Maximum Effect Advantage is applied to Aid, when in 6e1 it's specified that the only way to increase the Aid maximum is to buy more dice. 

Thanks, Chris! I knew about that one; it was one of the first spotted, and I have an email exchange between me and Jason about it back in Oct. 2012, but I didn't have on my list. I guess my brain wants to keep forgetting that rule. ;)  I'll add it for sure. :) 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Mr. Hiemforth,

Thank you for this great product!

1)I think the Damage Classes/Adding Damage (pg. 156-157) section leaves out key information about adding damage to advantaged powers compared to

Hero 6th Edition vol. 1 & 2. Was this intentional for Champions Complete? There is the reference to special active point calculation for Damage Classes but not how this is applied

in Adding Damage, i think if the intention was to keep the rule for adding damage to advantaged powers someone could not deduce it from current text.

2) Minimum Damage from Injuries (pg.157), without the example, could be misintepreted as this STUN damage is on top of other STUN damage(even if the header states minimum)

if think this could benefit from adding that "if final STUN damage is below final BODY damage" or something similar(forgive me, English is not my native language).  

Thank you,

Ioannis Dounis

19 hours ago, jdounis said:

1)I think the Damage Classes/Adding Damage (pg. 156-157) section leaves out key information about adding damage to advantaged powers compared to

Hero 6th Edition vol. 1 & 2. Was this intentional for Champions Complete? There is the reference to special active point calculation for Damage Classes but not how this is applied

in Adding Damage, i think if the intention was to keep the rule for adding damage to advantaged powers someone could not deduce it from current text.

That's probably fair. Certainly, Champions Complete intended to be much briefer in its discussion of damage classes and advantages, but I probably got too brief there.  I probably should have included an entry under Adding Damage for considerations when adding damage to an attack with advantages.

do think, perhaps naively, that many/most folks will extrapolate to the correct answer anyway. In the same way that Advantages "reduce" the number of Damage Classes in the attack, so also do they "reduce" the amount of benefit you get from added damage.

But you're probably right that I shouldn't have left this as something they would have to extrapolate; I should have added at least a sentence or two about it.

19 hours ago, jdounis said:

2) Minimum Damage from Injuries (pg.157), without the example, could be misintepreted as this STUN damage is on top of other STUN damage(even if the header states minimum)

if think this could benefit from adding that "if final STUN damage is below final BODY damage" or something similar(forgive me, English is not my native language).  

This one I think is okay as-is in the book. However, instead of "A character automatically takes 1 STUN for every 1 point of BODY damage that gets through his defenses," perhaps I could have said "A character automatically takes at least 1 STUN for every 1 point of BODY damage that gets through his defenses."  :) 

• 2 years later...

Was an errata document ever completed. I have the "Champions Complete Freebies and Errata" package from 2013, but it contains no errata. This thread started in 2021 appears to intend to fix that, but it doesn't actually seem to have resulted in a document. If a final errata PDF was finished, can anyone point me to it. Otherwise, I'll assume that the items in the original post, and a few others mentioned in the comments, is all that there is.

Thanks.