Problems With Store Over Android Phone?

steriaca

I have had similar problems with other retailers when using a cell phone.  However,  when using a larger computer that problem does not seem to be there. Such retailers that I have seen this happen at include guys such as Amazon,  Walmart,  Bestbuy, as well as other large retailers, not the tiny little ones that have maybe one person for everything. 

14 hours ago, Simon said:

Have you gone to your Purchases page to download it?

Yes I have gone to the "Manage Purchases" page. It doesn't show uo. Maybe it is because I have a debit card. But I bought it twice, my total is in the negative, and until Tyger helped me I had nothing to show for it.

That's because you never paid for it -- you added it to your cart, but never completed (or attempted) the checkout process.  The system tracks all transactions, including those that fail (invalid card info, rejected by the credit processor, etc.) -- there are no transactions related to the invoice that you created when you added the item to your cart.

As noted in the other thread you started for this: you have not paid for the product.  You created an invoice when you added it to your cart, but there are no transactions related to that invoice (and no transactions for your account or any account in your geographic area) in the timeframe involved.

1 hour ago, Simon said:

That's because you never paid for it -- you added it to your cart, but never completed (or attempted) the checkout process.  The system tracks all transactions, including those that fail (invalid card info, rejected by the credit processor, etc.) -- there are no transactions related to the invoice that you created when you added the item to your cart.

They took the money. Twice. If it rejected the order, they shouldn't take the money.

1 hour ago, Simon said:

As noted in the other thread you started for this: you have not paid for the product.  You created an invoice when you added it to your cart, but there are no transactions related to that invoice (and no transactions for your account or any account in your geographic area) in the timeframe involved.

They took the money. If they take the money, then they should send the item. If they won't send the product (which is my fault), then they shouldn't take the money (site fault).

20 minutes ago, steriaca said:

They took the money. Twice. If it rejected the order, they shouldn't take the money.

No, they didn't.  There are no attempts at transactions under your account (or for that invoice) on this site.

Our program did not do that.  That purchase was not made on this site -- there is a single transaction for that amount that occurred on that date...for a different user, in a different state (it was a successful purchase).

Were you, perchance, using PayPal to pay?  If so, that could explain the lack of any transaction information on the site's side -- PayPal never sent the information back to the server (for whatever reason), so no payment was ever received.

When PayPal is used for payment, you go off to PayPal's servers...it's only when PayPal sends you back to the site (with information on the transaction) that the site can know that a transaction has occurred -- there are no asynchronous checks that are performed.

If this is what you did, then you'll need to contact Jason -- create a Support Ticket.  He can see if there are any matching transactions on HERO Games' PayPal account and manually update the site accordingly.  Failing that, you'll need to work with PayPal to resolve the issue.

1 minute ago, steriaca said:

No. NetSpend.

NetSpend is the card that you used, not the payment method.

1. Were you using this site when you attempted to make the purchase?  I'm assuming that's a yes, but best to be sure.

2. When you went to checkout on the site, did you select "Credit Card" (where you enter your card information directly on that page) or "PayPal" (where you are redirected off to PayPal's servers to handle payment)?

I love Hero. But I'm getting error messages whenever I try to buy something AND the cash gets removed from my NetSpend card. It is never easy to use, and I personally don't know what I did wrong. And I believe it was unethical to take my money on my error. 

Keep my money. I'll simply use DriveThrough for all my purchases. You get the cash anyway. I just wish I didn't have to go to a third party.

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

NetSpend is the card that you used, not the payment method.

1. Were you using this site when you attempted to make the purchase?  I'm assuming that's a yes, but best to be sure.

Yes.

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

2. When you went to checkout on the site, did you select "Credit Card" (where you enter your card information directly on that page) or "PayPal" (where you are redirected off to PayPal's servers to handle payment)?

Credit Card (there is no choice for debit card).

Just now, steriaca said:

Yes.

Credit Card (there is no choice for debit card).

Then you never entered your card information on this site.  ANY submission of card information (via any medium) is recorded as a transaction by the site.  Even if the card number is invalid -- the transaction is still recorded (failed, but recorded).

There's no choice for debit card because it is entered and used exactly like a credit card -- it is one from a charge perspective.

The only case in which I can see a charge occurring for you but not being recorded by the site is if you selected "PayPal" as the option for payment during checkout -- that would send you offsite (to PayPal) to take payment, so the site doesn't record any transaction until PayPal returns you to the site (with payment confirmation).

Note: I've merged your two threads, which may cause the replies above to become somewhat jumbled...but will hopefully help avoid any further confusion.

I'm going to regret this....but that's not how this works.  That's not how any of this works.

If your phone autofilled your credit card information (and you then sent it to the server) there would be a record of that (even if the credit information that was autofilled was no longer valid).  There isn't.

If your phone autofilled your selection of PayPal for a payment option, then you would have had to click through to go to PayPal.  As stated above, that is a possibility for where the problem lies - you submitted (multiple times) payment while on PayPal, but for whatever reason you were never redirected back to the site, so the transaction could be recorded.  IF this is what happened, you need to contact Jason (open a Support Request) -- he can check HERO Games' PayPal account.  If he finds matching credits in the account, he can refund one of them to you and apply the other to your pending invoice on the site.

Ok. I tried it again. I manually filled in the fields. And I sent it. This time I choosen a $0.99 item. I still get an error message. And it still deducted the price from my card. Simply put, the site hates my card. There is nothing I can do now to fix it. You didn't receive anything. So I guess I'm never buying anything directly from the Hero Games store ever again, cause if I do, I don't get anything but an error message and debit.