Pariah

FREAK injury.  Game delayed for 10 minutes while they treated.  The player's described as stable and conscious, so hopefully the long-term issues will be fairly mild.  With these 2 shots, you really don't need to watch the video.

I said freak, but sometimes I wonder why these don't happen more often.  Aerial kicks often take place in crowded quarters.

Boy, I haven't been able to watch the Scottish League in more than 20 years.  In the last few years of the 20th Century we were in a place where one channel showed random games from Scottish League, Serie A, various rugby competitions, and Australian Rules Football, and perhaps some other stuff I've now forgotten.  I think I;ve been able to watch exactly zero of that since moving back to the big town.

Heh...anyone else remember, WAYYY back in the day, when ESPN showed Aussie Rules football regularly?  Pretty sure we were talking 9, 10 PM (Mountain time)...but this was before they had a ton of contracts in place for the US sports.  I also remember quite extensive coverage of the America's Cup...2, 3 different years.

MIGHT still see some of this during the summer, since ESPN's tie-ins with MLB are relatively sparse, but that's about it, and in the last few years, they've bought into MMA substantially.  

CBS SportsNet ran several college basketball games...not surprising there.  But after that it was soccer...and NOT!!! MLS, the league down from them.  That was surprising...but this was 6 PM Mountain I think, Sunday evening, outside football season.  Still surprised me.

MLS signed a contract late last year with Appleview, that overrode all other arrangements.  Basically did away with any hope of seeing an MLS match if you aren't on an Apple contract, unless you physically go to a stadium.  Which I might, once summer gets here, but unless I go to a watering hole with the right flavor of video connections, that's all she wrote as far as I'm concerned.

12 hours ago, unclevlad said:

Heh...anyone else remember, WAYYY back in the day, when ESPN showed Aussie Rules football regularly?  Pretty sure we were talking 9, 10 PM (Mountain time)...but this was before they had a ton of contracts in place for the US sports.  I also remember quite extensive coverage of the America's Cup...2, 3 different years.

MIGHT still see some of this during the summer, since ESPN's tie-ins with MLB are relatively sparse, but that's about it, and in the last few years, they've bought into MMA substantially.  

CBS SportsNet ran several college basketball games...not surprising there.  But after that it was soccer...and NOT!!! MLS, the league down from them.  That was surprising...but this was 6 PM Mountain I think, Sunday evening, outside football season.  Still surprised me.

Fox Sports channel and the fox soccer channel show Aussie rules football. the main channel is usually 1 or 2 games a week, soccer channel many more. I record the main as I don't have the soccer one.

Britain wins first speed skating medal in 72 years in World Single Distance Championship. It is a bronze but a meal is a medal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-sports/64853103

Tom Pidcock wins Strade Bianche cycling race.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/64849842

Laura Muir wins gold at Women's 1,500m European Indoor Championship

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/64848606

On 2/26/2023 at 9:52 PM, Cancer said:

MLS signed a contract late last year with Appleview, that overrode all other arrangements.  Basically did away with any hope of seeing an MLS match if you aren't on an Apple contract, unless you physically go to a stadium.  Which I might, once summer gets here, but unless I go to a watering hole with the right flavor of video connections, that's all she wrote as far as I'm concerned.

Not completely correct.   Yes Apple+TV is the system that is hosting the MLS matches, but you do not need to actually get Apple+TV. 

You can get just the MLS part.  

If you do NOT want the full AppleTV the cost is $14.99/month or $99/season. 

If you already have AppleTV or get a subscription to AppleTV you can add MLS for $12.99/month or $79/season.

I have it (the MLS only part) and it is actually pretty good.  Real commentary and good pre and post game shows plus a back catalog.

AND no blackouts.  You can watch the local games live. 

And since we are speaking about MLS.

The Sounders have won their first two games of the season 4-0 and 2-0. 

Heber has hit the field and opened his account with one goal each game.

Morris is back with three goals in two games.