Thoughts on this sorta multipower that is not a multipower

Beast

The control cost base (before advantages to change with no skill roll in a zero phase) is half the maximum AP of any single power in the VPP.  Since your highest single AP power is 26, your control cost is 13 x 3 = 39/1.25 for UP = 31.  The pool itself is the total real points of slots the pool can hold at one time.  As the RP cost of each power depends on its limitations, that's more a moving target. 

It was suggested to me in the game to use Change Enviroment and a -40m to teleport

My grip is inescapable:  Change Environment (-40m of any mode of Movement), Costs Endurance Only To Activate (+1/4) (50 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x10 END; -2), No Range (target must be grabbed; -1/2), Lockout (other stuff in this list; -1/2), Unified Power (-1/4)

AP on t-port halves the minus from the CE(both the GM and I agreed on this)
so to escape the target needs to exceed the minus from the CE(still limits range teleported) or break the grab

Or just wait wait for you to pass out from exhaustion after spending 40 of your 50 END to activate it.  DEMON needs to field a team armed with mystic rings that provide a bit of Teleportation, Invisibility and Gaseous Form (Desolid), ideally with a mix of AP and mental attacks or adjustment powers.

And a power that swaps OCV with OMCV (maybe also vice versa) in an area.  Maybe a CE (penalizes OCV down to match OMCV and vice versa) would simulate that adequately.  Otherwise it's the kludge of EDM.

Why isn't ExtraDimensional Home a base with EDM to get there?

I pay once to turn to it on

It stays on till I change slots or will it off

The EDM home is from apg 2 and opens when I pay the end for it

Having EDM to get to it would be cheesy way to subvert paying to open the power

I'd be OK with the EDM provided the Base was paid for.

As a GM, I'd be looking at the -2 (or higher) limitation for those END costs and expect it to have a commensurate in-game effect.  The only way that happens is if there are reasons for you to switch to other slots, so you either have to decide to live without those other slots or pay a huge END cost to switch.

15 hours ago, Beast said:

My grip is inescapable:  Change Environment (-40m of any mode of Movement), Costs Endurance Only To Activate (+1/4) (50 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x10 END; -2), No Range (target must be grabbed; -1/2), Lockout (other stuff in this list; -1/2), Unified Power (-1/4)

The 'No Range' limitation is usually already -1/2, and requiring a Grab roll seems like it should be an extra limitation.  

Barrier 8 PD, 1 BODY (up to 4m long, 2m tall, and 1/2m thick), Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation (+1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), One-Way Transparent (all attacks; +1) (50 Active Points); Feedback (-1), No Range (-1/2), Costs Endurance (to maintain; -1/2), Limited Power Must hit targets full DCV with a Grab maneuver (-1/2), Lockout (other things on this list) (-1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Nonresistant Defenses (-1/4), Unified Power (-1/4)

This completely stops the target from Teleporting for a phase as it must first break the Barrier, and using our Hero meta-knowledge it's highly unlikely they would have an appropriate bought power to allow them to break the Barrier and then Move.

5 hours ago, Hugh Neilson said:

I'd be OK with the EDM provided the Base was paid for.

As a GM, I'd be looking at the -2 (or higher) limitation for those END costs and expect it to have a commensurate in-game effect.  The only way that happens is if there are reasons for you to switch to other slots, so you either have to decide to live without those other slots or pay a huge END cost to switch.

the Base is bought using pg 27 apg2
yep she has to make make a choice and live with it

4 hours ago, Nekkidcarpenter said:

The 'No Range' limitation is usually already -1/2, and requiring a Grab roll seems like it should be an extra limitation.  

Barrier 8 PD, 1 BODY (up to 4m long, 2m tall, and 1/2m thick), Cannot Be Escaped With Teleportation (+1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), One-Way Transparent (all attacks; +1) (50 Active Points); Feedback (-1), No Range (-1/2), Costs Endurance (to maintain; -1/2), Limited Power Must hit targets full DCV with a Grab maneuver (-1/2), Lockout (other things on this list) (-1/2), Increased Endurance Cost (x2 END; -1/2), Nonresistant Defenses (-1/4), Unified Power (-1/4)

This completely stops the target from Teleporting for a phase as it must first break the Barrier, and using our Hero meta-knowledge it's highly unlikely they would have an appropriate bought power to allow them to break the Barrier and then Move.

My version limits PD and ED foes and I can upgrade w/ exp
and AP negates Cannot escape via t-port