Leaping issue

unclevlad

Steps:

1.  Create new character, 6E Superheroic.

2.  Go to Powers, and add Leaping, 4m, with No Gravity Penalty and Add Modifiers to Base Characteristic, and Add to Primary.

Power shows 8m forward, 6m upward.

3.  Go back to Characteristics, increase Leaping to 8m.  Go back to Powers.

Characteristic tab shows 12m forward, 8m upward.  So does the Powers tag.

So the No Gravity Penalty isn't being incorporated.

HD 20210301 version.

Similarly:

In Powers, add Running 10m.  Reduced END.  Add to Primary, and Add Modifiers to Base Characteristic.  On Powers, the Running shows END 1.  But on the Characeteristics tab, it shows END 2.  

But you're being charged the full 5 points for Reduced END on a 22 point power.

I've got the Leaping with No Gravity issue fixed, but the END for Running is correct -- you're running into HERO System rounding rules.  You'll be better able to see it if you increase the Running Characteristic to 20:

20m Running costs 2 END prior to anything being done on the Powers tab 

Go to the Powers tab and add +20m Running with 1/2 END and apply Modifiers to base Characteristic checked

+20m Running at 1/2 END costs 1 END (as shown on the Powers tab)

40m Running at 1/2 END costs 2 END (as shown on the Characteristics tab)

if you uncheck apply Modifiers to base Characteristic, the +20m Running on the Powers tab remains at 1 END but the 40m total Running on the Characteristics tab goes up to 3END.

8 minutes ago, HeroGM said:

I'm still trying to figure out how to export both values. Anyways. Yeah a few issues I've seen. Did something the other day and the total was -2cp

Sounds like you applied a Limitation with "Add Modifiers to Base Characteristic" checked -- that can result in a net negative cost (as you limit the base Characteristic)

Yeah, I've done the Add Modifiers to Base with a limitation and gotten that.  "Add Modifier to Base Characteristic" is often not what you want.  Let's just use HFO as the limitation.  Normal form has 20 STR;  HFO has 30, and 1/2 END on the full STR.  First thought for the power might be

STR +10, 1/2 END, OIAID, with Add Modifier

You want that on the 1/2 END, yes, but NOT on the OIAID.  They both get applied.

The solution for me is 

Power 1:  STR +10, OIAID.  Do not add modifiers to the base.

Power 2:  Naked modifier, 1/2 END, applied to 30 points of STR, with the normal modifier of OIAID.

It's a little awkward and doesn't get reflected neatly in the END costs, but it gets the information captured and the costs are correct.

Mmm...OK, I see your point.  Not sure I agree with handling it that way, altho it's a relatively narrow trap and readily avoidable.  I actually often just take Characteristic Running (and especially Leaping) to 0 and just buy it in the Powers section;  I find it a little neater.  Leaping's Accurate is an adder I particularly like, when the character is formally trained.